F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Crashed, can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed, can it be fixed?

So the guy in front of me stops short, and I couldn't brake in time. I was trying to swerve to the side while braking, so I flew to the side of him. I was wearing all my gear, so I'm fine.

The bike, not so much. It didn't make it past the cage and hit his bumper pretty hard. The entire front end is destroyed right up to the side cowlings, which are totally fine. Forks are true, and everything behind is completely untouched (thanks in part to my frame sliders).

So definitely the windscreen, upper cowling, speedo, headlights, and the air intake need to be replaced, along with some other miscellaneous plastic pieces. If that's all there is to it, it sounds like $1k for parts. Then again, maybe I'm being optimistic. What do you guys think? (No, I'm not really into the streetfighter look and I'd like the bike to look stock again.)

Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Default RE: Crashed, can it be fixed?

you can make it into a street browler. to restore everything it should be around under 800(with forks), that is if you shop for used parts. may be 100 more for the front wheel.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 PM

Insurance? That would prob be your best bet...get all the $ you can out of em and fix it up

Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Meh, I wish. I don't have collision.

So I went up and down the bike, even put a straight edge to my forks, and it really isn't that bad. All the casings to electronics are intact, which hopefully means that the electronics themselves are as well. Gauge cluster is unscratched, ram air tubing is fine, even a mirror and headlight are intact.

If I can find some used parts I bet I can get her back together for pretty cheap.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I'd say under 1k, check ebay for deals.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Post up a set of pics so we have a better idea what you think "ain't that bad".

Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I just dont see how you can hit a guy like that and not bend your forks, make double sure they are ok you dont want to crash going 70 because your forks arnt true.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Wheel, fender, forks, handlebar bridge, and levers are unscratched. I think what happened was the bike was still stoppied as it smacked into the van, so the upper fairing and fairing stay took all the impact. (I can't say for sure because I wasn't on the bike when it hit--I ditched because I didn't want to get caught between a stoppied bike and a metal hatch.)

I don't have a camera, sorry. It's getting towed to the stealership tomorrow to get the frame and forks checked out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 PM

www.mrcycles.com

Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Maybe if you would have stayed on the bike, you would have been able to stop it.

Quick Reply: Crashed, can it be fixed?