CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Crash Poll (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/crash-poll-99380/)

bluedevil3758 03-03-2010 08:01 PM

i commute to school in nj and dont usually take my bike 70miles round trip gets tiring with backpack, especially after class all day, but if its taught me one thing, its to never stay in someones blind spot i have a lest 1 incident a month of someone on the phone or not paying attention change lanes without looking and almost hitting me, how i havent been in an accident i have no idea, i apply that when im on the bike although that doesnt stop people from pulling out in front of you or turning left on you... those are always fun

ridered1 03-12-2010 10:41 AM

Been riding street for over forty years and have not been down in over twenty. Pretty fast rider, no chicken strips and proficient on the brakes.
Only the guys with much tracktime are a threat.
The only thing that scares me are deer! Everything else I have been able to handle. I live (and don't crash) by one rule, "would I bet my life on this?) If the answer is no I slow down.

manny04 03-12-2010 02:00 PM

I remember having this talk the same day i crashed for the first time. How it is said even in the MSF classes i took that "there are those whove crashed and those that are going to crash" ,and i didn't believe that till' that day i was up in the mountains in a well known trail for bikers and coming down i picked up too much speed and locked my rear brake. I have to say, wearing boots, gloves, helmet, and long sleeves paid off big time, i attemted to slow down and hit the cliff at about 40-45mph and the bike got all the damage, i walked away with dirty gloves from the dirt. I think that for the riders that try to improve their riding skill and have some fun with it its defenetly guaranteed to happen, for those who use it to commute and ride safe all the time its a slimmer chance.

JEFF4i99 04-11-2010 06:17 PM

1...and 2, lol. Both on track though.

Gotpepsi 04-11-2010 08:15 PM

This is my second motorcycle and i never layed this one down. I just had a ninja 250ex last year and i layed that one down on my drive way trying to come up at and angle, and i also crashed into someone.... which was totally my fault. The guy was riding accross the street on his mountain bike, and i was cruising my motorcycle trying to stuff my jacket down into the forks (my lack of a brain.) I looked up and slammed my breaks and hit him at about 7 mph. luckly he didnt get hurt! i layed down my bike and flew off in front of everyone. The embarrasment hurt me the most

kowen1208 04-18-2010 12:42 AM

I hope that not crashing in only a month of owning a bike doesn't make me insanely lucky.

Makes me wonder when everyone's first accident was...

Psycrow 04-21-2010 03:37 PM

I was the Canadian equivalent to an MSF instructor for over 12 years and I won't say EVERYONE will go down eventually but statistics say you most likely will. Statistics say you have the greatest chance of going down in the first year riding and then again after 10 years. Why the rise after 10 years? Riders with experience start to feel "safe" and comfortable and confident, and that's when it happens. Its not about how good a rider YOU are no matter how careful or good you are there is ALWAYS the "other guy". Dress for the crash and Good luck out there.

Psy

MADMAXF4I 05-18-2010 10:34 PM

i hit a guard rail at 140mph. 0 dollars. i slid 465ft. 0 dollars. seein my face when the nurse tried to put in a catheter priceless. now i can laugh at it. lol

being chased about 15 miles by police. 5 dollars of gas. got away and made it to the house. 300 dollars saved from not havin a bond. i get off the bike and a gust of 50mph wind knocks it over priceless.

johnnyh 05-18-2010 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been down three times. The first time I hit a wild hog head on at 80 mph and broke my ancle, the second and third were stunting. I've settled down since. The road rash really hurts and this last time I cut my arm up pretty bad as you can see from the pick. There has to be respect for this bikes and Thank God I've recovered from this. I now stunt my dirt bikes, not as dangerous. Johnnyh

Nyx13 05-19-2010 09:00 AM

Yeah....not much of a story. Sometime around '90 or '91, big ol' Kawi cruiser, too much speed and Springtime gravel still on the road. Not a good mix :icon_shrug: Now with the F4i....lol! Well, I basically tipped it over.... I found it's center of gravity much higher than the Marauder I'd been riding...so over it went (within the first couple of weeks) :icon_doh: