F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CrampBuster or Throttlemeister

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CrampBuster or Throttlemeister

Any one have experience with this or owns one? I want to know if it's pretty accurate of what they about them. Cuz for $11 it's doesn't look that bad...

CrampBuster or Throttlemeister

Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Default RE: CrampBuster or Throttlemeister

I have both.

I don't normal travel interstate unless I'm trying to get somewhere fast or doing an IBA ride, but when I am on the interstate, I like the Throttlemeister. Another benefit of putting them on the 600 is they really quiet down the clip-ons, takes a lot of the buzz out. I do not have a set on my 1000RR, not sure if I'll put them on either, throttle on the 1K is quite a bit more sensative.

The crampbuster easily transfers from bike to bike (it is off the bikes when I have no intentions of using it) and is nice for those section of highways in between routes I like to ride. I usually don't use it until later in the day, just to have a little relief from hanging on to the throttle.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:07 AM

thanx cbr rod... since u have both which would u prefer for a suburban-to-city rider?

i dont normally do much interstate riding at all mostly just crusing streets and freeways for regular commuting. i feel like my hand gets numb over time and would want something to give my hand a rest.

how effective does that crampbuster work? cuz it looks like just a piece of plastic...

Old 01-18-2008, 07:24 AM

It is effective, but if your hand is going numb, you might consider just getting a set of grip puppies.

This is what they are http://www.dishers.com/?p=493

This is where you buy them http://www.casporttouring.com/store/...ory_Code=grips

Huge difference in comfort as they increase the diameter of the grip area which lets your hand relax and not be so tight. I have them on both CBR's. For your local driving (even though you live in the city), you might not want to mess with the cramp buster. These Grip puppies hold up well, still on the original pair for each bike, they take bike washings well and are easily dried.

To make the ride even more comfortable, try find some bar end weights, comparable weight to that of the standard Throttlemeister. Should be considerably cheaper than the Throttlemeister and I think I enjoy the benefit of the buzz reduction of the throttle meister more than I actually use them for what they were intended for.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM

my friend actually noticed a difference on my f4i's handle bars than his bike(not f4i). he said also that his handle bars are more angled of a T look (or more perpendicular) and the f4i is a /\ look (handlebars facing the rear of the bike) [[how the handlebars sit]]. along with my hand going numb, does this also contribute to why my wrist hurts alot too? also are the grip puppies that memory foamish material that mold or contour to your hand?

Old 01-18-2008, 01:18 PM

You can loosen your clip-ons and adjust them to your liking (I think I spread mine out further as well), they can be adjusted anywhere, just check the lock to lock to see that they do not interfere with anything, such as the tank or the fairing. You might get 3/4-1" of movement.

I don't know what type of foam it is, it doesn't have a memory though, you can ride all day and they'll look just like the ones in the picture, no finger indentions.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't compare that exact one but I had a similar one (throttle rocker) and now have throttlemeister. imo the TM felt safer to use but I didn't use either one nearly as much as I thought I would. Like mentioned, unless it's a straight flat road with little to no traffic, even short usage isn't possible in town. On freeway I do use it briefly and it and it is very useful, esp. if you have carpal t.s. like me so the purchase was still worth it to me. I like the TM but if cash is a concern you probably get the same result with the other one in combo with gel grips/gloves.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR_Rod

You can loosen your clip-ons and adjust them to your liking (I think I spread mine out further as well), they can be adjusted anywhere, just check the lock to lock to see that they do not interfere with anything, such as the tank or the fairing. You might get 3/4-1" of movement.
i tried doing that but where the handlebars are connected on there's a big plastic piece that's blocking any movement/adjustment. do you know which one i'm talking about? if so, any suggestions or tips?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM

I have the throttle rocker (crampbuster) and I love it. I don't even bother to take it off of the bike. My daily ride is about 18 miles thruway and 8 miles suburbia. It realy helps on the thruway. It lets you basicly palm your throttle. Best $10 I've spent on the bike.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Had a ThrottleMeister on my 954. Worked fine, just rarely used it, took it off. Wasn't legal for a track day, anyway. Used the cramp buster a few times, keep it in the trunk, don't use it much either. Average around 10,000 miles per year, so I'm riding!

Quick Reply: CrampBuster or Throttlemeister