F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Corbin seats for f4i

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin seats for f4i

Hey as you all are probably well aware of is that our stock seats do not feel the best. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the corbin seats. One big question is are corbin seats still good for riding twisties and hanging off the bike? I live in colorado so i have fun on the back roads on a pretty regular basis. Just wondering if these would be buy. I can buy main seat, passenger seat, and passenger backrest for 315$ which i believe is a really good deal.

Does anyone have anything else that works better then corbin or cheaper?

Old 05-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corbin is the top of the line seat.
I don't personally have one but my Buddy does on his R6, He says it was hard when he first got it but has molded it perfect (Or just got used to it).
He mentioned it makes you sit a little farther bach due to the shape but can still hang off in the corners.

And for the price if it is new or near new that is a steal.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:46 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That's a pretty good deal for both seats w/ backrest, I'd jump on that.

I love my Corbin. It's not exactly twisty friendly, as you have to lift yourself up to get off the seat rather than just sliding. Unless you're really pushing things, though, it's not a big deal (at least to me). And it's not like it takes a long time to swap the seat if you plan on hitting the turns hard.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered Users

well i found out the seats are five years old. do you guys think its still a good deal at 315$ I also i have to paint the welt because it is currently yellow and my bike is silver/black.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Corbin= overpriced internet hyped product. Your local upholstry shop can do the same thing with your stock seat for a 1/3rd the price.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM

I like how corbin makes you sit further back..for a guy, its so damn uncomfortable to have ur crotch pressed up on the gas tank.

But ya, see if a shop can match the Corbins design for under $100

Old 05-19-2012, 08:00 PM

I found this Corbin for around $100. Not overrated Bored, it really does feel better. Aken is right you can always switch it out with the board for fun. But for long rides, much better.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin seats for f4i-bike-corbin.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes it feels better, but its over rated compared to an upholstry shop that can make the seat into anything you want for less money. Soft, hard, differrent shapes, extra padding height, lower height etc. Corbin is one way and you pay out the **** for it if you buy new.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

There is so much more to the Corbin seats than being reupholstered. If you can find a shop who can match the quality for a cheaper price, then fantastic. But I doubt you could, especially for both seats + a back rest.

Regarding the age of the seats, that's not really a big deal, unless they've been abused over that time (left out in the elements, that sort of thing). Since they're designed for bikes that haven't been manufactured since 2003, most of them are probably going to be that old.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Default Its a great seat, but.....

My girlfriend bought me a brand new set for my 06 f4i. There is a bracket that needs to be mounted which allows to attach the front and rear seat. Install took 10 min. No big deal, just make sure you are given the bracket and that it is in working condition. Check the release latches too. Now comes the but... part.
The seat is VERY comfortable and yes you can still hang off with no problems whatsoever. BUT... it does put you about two inches further back and higher then the stock. The end result is alot of extra weight and pressure on your wrists, arms, shoulders and back. I do alot of long distance rides. 600-800 miles a day sometimes and believe it or not except for my butt the rest of my body felt fine. With the corbin its the other way around. Except for my butt everything else hurts. I have contacted corbin and they are willing to make adjustments to the seat. FOR A PRICE. $100 plus shipping, for a seat that costs nearly $500. i was pissed. After several emails back and forth they did agree to do for free as long as i ship it to them. Haven't done it yet so cant comment on the outcome.
I can say this. I ride 60 miles every day to work and back and for short rides i have no problems and the seat IS super comfortable.
one more thing. Im around 5'7 175lbs, maybe for taller guys sitting further back is not as big of an issue.
Just my two cents. Hope this helps you some.

Quick Reply: Corbin seats for f4i