F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Corbin Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corbin Seat

Three things I want for my bike.....a Corbin seat, mirror extenders, and bar risers. The good reviews of the Corbin encourage me to get one....soon. I'm still waiting for the perfect mirror extenders...may have to have some custom made. With the Corbin...as stated above...I'm sure I'll need the bar risers...I'm a tank "humper" as it is!

Jim

Old 04-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Are there any cheap knock offs of the corbin seat?? Like sit on a pillow? hah

I had a local automotive upholestery guy modify my banana seatfor better two-up riding. He used a 'tacky' black cover and built a 'pocket' for the passenger. She would always slide forward and crush the 'boys' a little even if she put her hand on the tank, now she sticks like she is velcro'd on. It was a huge improvement. He also just bulked up the foam where he thought best. The seat is awesome now.

editted part.....$159

Old 04-29-2007, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: techy5025
Three things I want for my bike.....a Corbin seat, mirror extenders, and bar risers. The good reviews of the Corbin encourage me to get one....soon. I'm still waiting for the perfect mirror extenders...may have to have some custom made. With the Corbin...as stated above...I'm sure I'll need the bar risers...I'm a tank "humper" as it is!
I've got all 3.

Check out Gen-Mar's mirror extenders. They look good enough installed (can't even really tell they're there), but they don't work "great". If I still used the stock seat, and no bar risers, they'd probably be perfect. With the seat and bar risers, they give me a better view of my elbow. However, if you just pull your elbow in a little (WITH the mirror extenders that is), they help. Far from perfect though.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Those other pictures are better then mine,, but since you requested,, here you go, Closest shot I got of it is the whole bike shot, sorry!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 AM

I like the corbin seat and smuggler setup. It's expensive, but practical. I like sitting up on the seat too, I'm hoping the new seating position won't make it too uncomfortable for me. Sitting up on the seat takes some of the strain off of my wrist, which I only notice on my longer rides. For those who like to "hump the tank: and still get a corbin, let me know if you still think it's worth all that money.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Dude, Is it worth the money? Well, I got mine off Craigslist for 125.00,,, So, Yeah, I'd say its worth the money,, the slope doesn't effect you as much as you think,, But when making quick take offs,, you tend to slide down the slope and up the back,, whichactually works out. Ipreviously said it adjusted my height a little bit,, still believe that,, I sit up a little higher, and when stopped,, the seat is a little wider too. You cen fell that on the inter side of your thighs! Doesn't effect turns though,, I've noticed it actually kind of helps,, its a wider seat to slide your *** on going into corners (for leaning purposes). Would I have paid 300.00? Not sure,, thats why I went with the used one! However,, this seat is 99.9% more comfortable after about 2 hours on the bike!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 PM
IDL

I actually found with quick takeoffs it's a little more wheelie pronesince your weight is further back.
Caught me by surprise..

Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 PM

Sure I balked at the new price and bought a used one. But now that I have a Corbin seat (Sargent makes a similar product, same price, softer padding) I would definetly buy one of the 2 for my next bike. I think it's the best mod I done along with the slip-on exhaust.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM

I too gotta chime in & recommend the Corbin

I picked mine up for only $100 and it was Brand New off ebay....but I went thru 2 other seats off ebay to finally get the one I wanted--first one was grey w/red piping & didn't match whatsoever, and the second one was the carbon weave with red piping.

The seat I wanted & finally got was smooth black leather w/red piping & matches the back seat (since it's smooth too):

But anyways it feels 100 times better than the stock seat and the best part (for me) is that it slopes up in the front a little to push you (and your nuts) away from the gas tank.....gotta appreciate that!!!

It also "cradles" your *** with the scoop shape of the seat, I guess