F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Corbin Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Seat

Ok, So my Corbin seat came in today, I put it on and thank god I'm tall,, Not only does it give me a totally different riding position, but its wider and sits higher,, so me @ 6'1 actually have my feet flat on the ground without alot bending,, however, I always kind of set up on my bike,, this makes me seat back a little further,, anyways,, any of you noobs thanking about getting one,, just some advise! Also,, It is a hell of alot more comfortable though! If any of you want to see a pic let me know, I'll post one!

Old 04-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Default RE: Corbin Seat

Could you explain how the seat gives you a different riding position, other than wider and higher? Or better yet, if maybe you can show a comparison of the stock and the Corbin side-by-side, that'd be appreciated as well, if it's not too much trouble. The stock seat is killer on long rides...I wouldn't mind a replacement.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:47 AM
IDL

I put a Corbin on myprevious f4iand i'm 6'1 as well. It really does change the way you sit on the bike. It's super comfy on the butt but weather or not it was all round more comfortable I'm not sure.

I got a new bike and haven't put the Corbin on it. I actually kinda like stock better! Just for the riding position that I like better.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:50 AM
IDL

ORIGINAL: Mchu86

Could you explain how the seat gives you a different riding position, other than wider and higher? Or better yet, if maybe you can show a comparison of the stock and the Corbin side-by-side, that'd be appreciated as well, if it's not too much trouble. The stock seat is killer on long rides...I wouldn't mind a replacement.
The seat has more of a scoop shape so your butt sits supported. It also means that you slide backwards into the shape of the seat so you'll be sitting a couple of inches behind where you normally would.
It changes the angle of your torso relative to the bike and for me it put a little strain on my back. I think it just depends on the individual though, because some people swear by them.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 AM

Thanks for the info! That makes sense...it seems like it's something I might like. I tend to ride with my butt against the "back rest" of the rear cowl, or a little bit in front of that, so the extra scoop might help out. Now to find a way to try it out first...

Old 04-27-2007, 02:33 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: Mchu86

Thanks for the info! That makes sense...it seems like it's something I might like. I tend to ride with my butt against the "back rest" of the rear cowl, or a little bit in front of that, so the extra scoop might help out. Now to find a way to try it out first...
You naturally sit at the back of the seat? I sit pretty much snug to the tank usually so it was a change for me.
If you are already back there, you would probably love the Corbin!

You can kinda make out the scoop shape in my Avatar, that's my old bike.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I see it. It does seem like I would love it. Thanks for the info, I aprpeciate it!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:27 PM

I've also got a Corbin on my 01 F4i and love it.

It's definately not for SHORT people new to riding. I'm 5'7' with a 28 inch inseam, and am on my toes. However, I'm used to being on my toes on pretty much every bike anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

It definately slides you back in the seat and kind of "cups" your ***. SUPER comfortable. The same time I put the seat on, I also added Gen-Mar bar risers, and the bike is comfortable for 500+ mile days now.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Retired Moderator

This is pretty interesting stuff. I really want a Corbin, but have to save up for it. After reading these posts, I don't know if I would like the alternate riding position. I prefer the "monkey humping a gas tank" position. I have always heard "hail hail Corbin", but also heard they are wider and that also takes some getting used to. I am 5' 11" and I can comfortably sit flat footed with my riding boots on...how much taller (in inches) does the seat put you?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 AM

The actual seating position isn't any taller than the stock seat. It's the width, and shape that makes the reach to the ground feel farther away.

If you do any rides that are over 300 miles a day, you'll fall in love with the Corbin once getting used to it. Took me roughly 1k miles (a month's time for me), and a couple trips to some twisties to "get used" to it. No way could I live without it now.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat