F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Converting to highmount

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting to highmount

Ok so here's the deal; as you can see in my photo album, I have a 2002 F41 with a Yoshi TRS slip-on. The mid-pipe is dented (the guy I bought it from did it, not me), so I was thinking if I'm going to have to replace the midpipe anyway, why not get a high-mount pipe? Well the lady at Yoshi is saying that they only sell the full system, and that even if I could buy just the high-mount mid-pipe, it wouldn’t fit my headers. Does this make any sense? Why wouldn't they just use the same headers and make a longer mid-pipe? This would make them interchangeable. It doesn’t seem to jive in my opinion.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Default RE: Converting to highmount

i have a hindle high pipe with the stock header, so i cant see why u cant???

Old 12-19-2006, 08:57 PM

I have a high mount exhaust.
Sounds good!!!
Name:  CBR2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 AM

im guessing from the last 2 posts that a high mount will work, maybe the lady just wanted to sell u more stuff to make it work

Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 AM

What she means is that the metal mid pipe is made for the their racing headers and if you buy it then itwill not fit your stock headers.
She is probably right, if Yoshi doesnt offer a high mount slip on then it will not fit.
Here is my Two Bros pipe, it was originally purchased as a low mount slip on, but then bought the high mount mid pipe and and mounting bracket and converted it in to a high mount. (but only because two bros makes this same pipe in both configurations low and high mount, the only differance is the mounting bracket and the mid pipe).

[IMG]local://upfiles/12676/FC538BDF32B34D75ACAA45C4381FCEFA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Say, don't your girlfriend's ankles get burned with the hi-mount exhaust? Is this purely aesthetic or is there a performance benefit to the hi-mount.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Ok then. I think you have a point, and I guess that's what she means. They don't make a high exit slip-on system.

Not this leads me to think that perhaps I could get a diffrent brand mid-pipe all together, and retro-fit it on to my Yoshi can... I would assume that there are only a few standard pipe diameters, there has to be another brand that will fit the Yoshi...I just like the look of high-mount so much better.

Oh and BoRkA, I notice you have a tire-hugger on your F4i. Is that the one that is held on with double-sided 3M? Is it stable? That is to say does it flap around at all, or does the tabe hold it secure enough? I'm thinking about getting a black one for my bike, (I can't find a yellow one...)

Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 AM

K0NPHL1C7 <-- My hugger bolts on to the swing arm with 4 bolts, im not sure what you mean by 3M tape, i never seen one like that.
Here's a yellow hugger at only $85. Always search ebay and you shall find what you need!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Oh.I was looking on Dennis Kirk, I generally don't look on Ebay because the one time I cactually bought something, i got ripped off, lol. Left a bad taste in my mouth I guess. But thank's, maybe I'll buy this one, it's cheaper.

Now that I actually look at the pic, I see the bolts that hold it on, lol. I read the description and assumed 3M meant the 3M tape, I guess it means 3mm Hex bolts? (Egg on my face?) Anyway that Ebay one is cheaper, is that what you have cause your's looks pretty badass.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

highmount is purely for looks and not performance. at best you can lean more without scraping, but even regular mounted exhausts, if properly placed will not drag in leans. as far as yosh..their race mounts rules!

Quick Reply: Converting to highmount