F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is this common for an F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this common for an F4i?

I find this to be quite odd and somewhat annoying. I am not sure what could be the issue, although it seems to me like it might be an air/fuel mixture problem.

When I take off (First gear), the bike bogs down just a bit until it hits about 4K RPM. When I first give it throttle it almost jerks like it's going to go, then quickly bogs down, and then once it gets to 4K it engages fully again and I'm off. Not to huge of a deal really, it just annoys me. Seems like it should have at least some power pulling off like that. My friend who rides an R1 just attributes it to it being a 600, his friend who rides a gixxer 600 attributes it to being an F4i and not an RR(I know, I know) but I am not convinced.

The bike is stock except for 2 components, a Yoshi slip on and a K&N Filter. IS it possible it just gets to much air and needs to be remapped?

Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Default RE: Is this common for an F4i?

when my bike get super hot like around 225 it will bog but when its around 175-200 it doesnt

Old 05-29-2007, 10:41 AM

Hmm..I haven't noticed it being temp[ature related, but it's quite possible. I'll have to check it out at my lunch break to see what I'm running at.

I wonder if there is a way to solve this issue if it is because of the heat......

Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

The bike is stock except for 2 components, a Yoshi slip on and a K&N Filter. IS it possible it just gets to much air and needs to be remapped?
My bike is 100% stock and once above 1500-2000rpm it will pull like a tractor. My FI glitch is throttle on/off, not a flat spot/dead spotwhich I think you are describing.I am guessing fuel delivery, not mapping so much. Before you spend the money on aPCIII,do yourmaintenance stuff like plugs and whatnot first.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM

K0NPHL1C7,

Do you have an aftermarket slipon?

When changing Slipon or Full exhaust (even worst) the F4i tends to bog down under 3K because of the free exhaust flow, and very low end torque.

My stock bike didnt do it. i change the slipon to a D&D and it did it very bad. I change it to stock and it went away. I change it again to a two brothers, and it came back (but less).

I heard that it could be resolved with a Power Commander.. I have a TFI Fuel module but couldnt fix it anyway.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 AM

yea i got the same problem but i think mine is due to foul plugs

Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: alexr40

K0NPHL1C7,

Do you have an aftermarket slipon?

When changing Slipon or Full exhaust (even worst) the F4i tends to bog down under 3K because of the free exhaust flow, and very low end torque.

My stock bike didnt do it. i change the slipon to a D&D and it did it very bad. I change it to stock and it went away. I change it again to a two brothers, and it came back (but less).

I heard that it could be resolved with a Power Commander.. I have a TFI Fuel module but couldnt fix it anyway.

That's exactly what my thoughts were. Between the aftermarket Yoshi slip on and the K&N Air filter, I fighured it might be running real lean and losing low-end tourque. I'm fairly shure it's not the plugs, I just sandblasted them myself and they are all firing. I guess I'll have to save up for a PCIII, I wanted one anyway.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCIII will help out but below 5-6K...f4i is very sloppy.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Same thing happen to me when I put my 2brothers on. A PC made things nice again.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

PCIII will help out but below 5-6K...f4i is very sloppy.
Even with a PC you think it'll be sloppy? I mean I can understand not having full power, but it's almost like it's choked out or something, I dunno it's weird. I mean it bogs down so low it almost feels like it just died, but then it kicks in and has all the power in the world. My thought was to get a PC and increase the fuel:air ratio to compensate for the increase in airflow.

Quick Reply: Is this common for an F4i?