F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Clear alternatives help PLEASE!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear alternatives help PLEASE!?!?

Trying to put a clear alternatives tail light with the integrated turn signals on an F4I. The light came with the wrong instructions.

the bike has 1 orange 1 green. turn signals? 1 blue and one green other turn signal? 2 green with yellow chaser, 2 solid green, and 2 black with pinkish white chaser.

the light has 2 yellow (turn signals?) 1 green, 1 red, and one black.

how do i hook this up?

thanks..... eric

Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Default RE: Clear alternatives help PLEASE!?!?

please start using the search feature of the forum. you will find a lot of answers quicker than creating a new thread
i think this will help.
https://cbrforum.com/m_200535/tm.htm

Old 05-16-2007, 12:30 AM

i tried to search, and all i got was threads from people saying they had installed them and it was easy. no actual directions. sorry, i thought you were aloud to ask questions on a public forum.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 AM

You can ask anything you want and you may talk about anything you want. There is no need to apologize. I did not want to give of the impression that you question is not appreaciated or it did not matter. Im just stating that you can find a lot of other threads that are related to your problems and possible resolve your issue much faster.

Your question was about how to hook it up and that thread mentioned which color wire is for what. I thought it might be useful. If you are still struggling with this. I suggest you use a voltage tester and you will knock this out in matter of minutes.
As far as I remember black = ground, green = running light, green/yellow =breaks, orange+blue= turning lights. < from the bikes wiring diagramif you need a wiring diagram/manual go herehttp://www.stephygee.com/

Old 05-17-2007, 12:09 AM

The kid that owns it cut all the stock wires. I had no idea what was what. The thread you posted was very helpful. it showed me i had to reconnect everything they cut off, and use a tail light socket to make it work.

thanks! sorry if i sounded like a dick. it wasn't a good day. clutch went out on my TLR, window motor burnt out in my mustang, and the kid that owns the f4 came crying to me cause he screwed it up.

But hey, my F2 was still working good!