F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

China fairing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China fairing

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get some china fairings. Got prices ranging from 370-650. Are all china fairings built equal or does it depends on manufacture. If so, can anyone recommend a good manufacturer? Don't want to pay more than 500 include shipping. And will be asking for custome paint. Please let me know if that is possible. Thanks

Can't wait till summer in TO!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just make sure they are injection molded and not press molded.

The big names are our sponsor Extremefairings and then Delkevic and Auctmarts.

If you want to go cheap then you are the one taking the risk, They may come perfect or you may need to modify them to fit.

Personally I would spend the extra couple bucks and go with a reputable and reviewed company instead of just hoping.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffjones

If you want to go cheap then you are the one taking the risk, They may come perfect or you may need to modify them to fit.

Personally I would spend the extra couple bucks and go with a reputable and reviewed company instead of just hoping.
Agreed 100%

Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM

i found a few supplier from alibaba. they seems to charge lower on freight and injection molding. around for more than a few years. what do you guys think?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jin27us@yahoo.com
i found a few supplier from alibaba. they seems to charge lower on freight and injection molding. around for more than a few years. what do you guys think?
I think they answered your question above... anything not from a reputable manufacturer is a crap shoot.

Alibaba is a chinese company that doesn't hold the best record of legitimate business dealings.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 AM

if you want to do things cheap and have your fairings, you can repair them and get them painted.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM

I second what Rudy suggests, either get the old fixed, or pay decent money for a good set. I've been involved in two fairing replacements with two different bikes (F4i and GSXR1000), both of which have been eBay/China fairings. Both times, the holes did not align, the mounts were off a few centimeters, and the shape was off as well. We literally had to force them in to place, and even after doing so the fairings would bend, causing awful creases. Your experience may be different, but this is just what I have seen and been through.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM

KK. I think I finally get the point through my thick head. Is dead of winter here in Toronto. So I have plenty of time to research. Thanks again for everyone’s advice.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 AM

Another question. What is the difference between 10 piece and 8 piece kit. Thanks guys and gays

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Freelicks
I second what Rudy suggests, either get the old fixed, or pay decent money for a good set. I've been involved in two fairing replacements with two different bikes (F4i and GSXR1000), both of which have been eBay/China fairings. Both times, the holes did not align, the mounts were off a few centimeters, and the shape was off as well. We literally had to force them in to place, and even after doing so the fairings would bend, causing awful creases. Your experience may be different, but this is just what I have seen and been through.

so would you recommend the company mentioned abover?

Extremefairings and then Delkevic and Auctmart

Last edited by jin27us@yahoo.com; 01-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: China fairing