F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Chicken Strips???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chicken Strips???

I'm guessing the F4i doesn't have a problem with the lowers hitting the ground?? Or else someone would have mentioned that already I believe.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to pull all the body work out of the basement and give it a wash down... If I can get some pictures I'll add them to the gallery. It's a bit empty at this point.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM

If anyone wants to get rid of their chicken strips let me know. I can sell you a set of take offs cheap and you can put them on your bike and tell your friends that #1 You use race tires #2 Look at how I tore up my back tire......You'll be the coolest

Old 07-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that I'm an expert, but after my 1st trackday I agree w. Woody 100%. But I will add this: If you only ride on the street and you DON"T have chicken strips, you're an idiot.

Woody: Someone else recommended that book as well as 2 others. I think I'll get Nick's book 1st thanks to you.

My tires: I had about 3/4- 1 inch strips, (yes a full inch) strips on my tires. Now I've got boogers and about 1/16" edge left on my D208s. I didn't touch down w. stock pegs, but I don't have feelers either. I recommend taking them off if you track the F4i.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:28 PM

That was good !!!!!! all this talk of chicken strips is makin me hungry . I only ride on the street, mainly mountain rodes I live in the middle of the San Bernadino county mountains and have miles after miles of curvey rodes, espescially if I am goin any where near a "city" then its usually a good 18 to 35 mile of curves up or down hill, really dont care about chicken strips, because I try to ride like a resposible HONDA rider so as not to give all us law biding riders a bad name and have them damn cagers try to kill us cuz some out there ride like little HOOLIGANS. Though I do like mine with honey barbeque
ORIGINAL: Indasoul

good chicken strips: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dopiaza/87032614/

[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 07-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a bridgestone battalax on the rear, ive been all the way on the right and all but about a mm on the left, yet ive never had a peg touch down, and i find that weird, or is it just my tire?

Old 07-30-2006, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

i have a bridgestone battalax on the rear, ive been all the way on the right and all but about a mm on the left, yet ive never had a peg touch down, and i find that weird, or is it just my tire?
I find that strange cause I got all the chicken strips off yesterday and, I scraped the left curb feeler quite a bit and I snapped the right one clean off! Have you taken your curb feelers off yet?

Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM

I like mine with bbq sauce

Old 07-30-2006, 05:18 PM

To the OP, where the hell IS your exhaust?!?!?!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:40 AM

I'm with you and Woody, but what you don't take into account is when on road, your tires rarely remain nice n greasy long enough to allow marbling due to traffic, lights n cops. I look at chicken strips as a way for the rider to gauge their progression. When cruising the Whistler hwy. outta Vancouver, there's lots of roller coaster type cornering to use your edges. But if local roads are all squares its tough to get an even tire wear Ie:no coning. For the record, the only strippers on my 03 954RR ride on the backseat! P.S. Did you have to change rim or swingarm to fit the 208? And when will you gentlemen invite a Canadian fooligan to come out n play on a track!!!! I've got airmiles and can't think of a better way to use em!

Quick Reply: Chicken Strips???