F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cheetah Street Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheetah Street Fairings

Anybody have these on their bike, how sturdy are they, how do they fit, and are they easy to install just like oem?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Default RE: Cheetah Street Fairings

+1

Old 08-23-2006, 04:54 AM

Those were absolute worst things I have ever purchased. I'm glad you asked before buying. I bought the set and it took them about 3 weeks longer than they said it would to get to my house which is rediculous because they are 2 hours south of where I live. When I took them out of the box they were incerdibly flimsy in some areas and thick in others. The craftmanship was terrible and and they hardly fit on the bike at all. After being on for three days they started getting wavy in the flimsy areas. It looked disgusting. Then about a month later I was on the freeway and the right side fairing snapped at the bolts. It flopped open and cracked. I tried to get my money back and they gave me the runaround for about a week. Finally I talked to a return person and they wouldn't help me. So I wasted a lot of time and about $800. Needless to say I don't recommend these for anyone at all ever.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:16 PM

I will just cut and paste this from my previous post in another thread:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheetah street bodywork fit's like caca.

It can take a hit, but be prepared to spend MANY hours prepping and smoothing all their lines. I had to send my upper back because the headlight bosses were crooked. The cutout for the headlight looked like it was done after a tequila siesta. Their Quality Control sucks.

I ended up selling my Cheetah upper on eBay and getting a slightly used Targa upper. They are ABS and more durable than stock.

I bought the whole Cheetah street fairing kit. Out of all of it I only used the front fender and lower fairings. I still had to do a stupid amount of prep work. The only bonus was when I layed my bike down the lowers flexed about 2" without cracking.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 PM

Anymore experiences? Any pictures?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

Those were absolute worst things I have ever purchased. I'm glad you asked before buying. I bought the set and it took them about 3 weeks longer than they said it would to get to my house which is rediculous because they are 2 hours south of where I live. When I took them out of the box they were incerdibly flimsy in some areas and thick in others. The craftmanship was terrible and and they hardly fit on the bike at all. After being on for three days they started getting wavy in the flimsy areas. It looked disgusting. Then about a month later I was on the freeway and the right side fairing snapped at the bolts. It flopped open and cracked. I tried to get my money back and they gave me the runaround for about a week. Finally I talked to a return person and they wouldn't help me. So I wasted a lot of time and about $800. Needless to say I don't recommend these for anyone at all ever.
Sooooo....your saying it was a poor investment?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 PM

I sell Cheetah and I have had good experiences with them.

If any of you guys bought yours off ebay, then those are factory seconds and can be expected to have fitment issues and what not.

I have the full race set and they work well for me. Took paint well and I did little to no modifying to them in order to get them to fit up....btw, you have to do some modification with any aftermarket bodywork, some just require more than others...I would say Cheetah is one of the better companies and maybe you guys just got a bad apple out of the bunch.

Anyway, I have a buddy who has hotbodies and he tells me they are junk and that my Cheetah Racing Bodies are much better than his.....he is an avid racer and has had lots of experience with bodywork so I took his opinion with much respect.

Here are pics of mine before paint..and two others after silver was applied..I should have some updated pics with the completed paint as soon as the weather improves to get some nice shots...

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/A29A529794C842EEB47218B11481A7AD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/6A9C76164B4240EE92A6098049EA2EDA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/06DD15962A0141DCA13E65F0D8C9A205.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Heres another one after silver was applied but the black race lower isnt on yet....I also have the frame sliders installed and the holes were cutout myself.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/37636E3EEDF54E99875782DDD1BFE298.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM

I'm hearing more bad than good..and the only good is coming from a seller of the brand..Not attacking your honesty, but it sounds more like you're advertising rather than giving an truthful statement. I've been looking around for a cheaper alternative to oem and cheetah seems to show good quality. But with all the neg feedback on them i'm not too sure..

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: whtan20

I'm hearing more bad than good..and the only good is coming from a seller of the brand..Not attacking your honesty, but it sounds more like you're advertising rather than giving an truthful statement. I've been looking around for a cheaper alternative to oem and cheetah seems to show good quality. But with all the neg feedback on them i'm not too sure..
I wasnt trying to sellanybody, anything....I actually dont like selling bodywork due to shipping costs. I sell them locally mainly.

I also showed you pics of my race bike and an personal account from a friend who has been racing over 18 years with his thoughts on them compared to hotbodies.

Take it for what its worth just trying to give an honest opinion on a product a fellow member asked about.

BTW, I also sell Armour Bodies, Sharkskinz, and E-Racings so doesnt really make sensewhy I would push one over the other instead of just giving a personal opinion on them.