F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cheap Rear Stand?

  #1  
Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM
MitchA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gilroy Ca
Posts: 199
Default Cheap Rear Stand?

Im having a hard time digesting $150+ for a bent piece of tubing with wheels mounted on it I was curious if anyone knows of a decent rear swingarm stand at a little more reasonable price?
 
  #2  
Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC and Troy NY
Posts: 585
Default

ebay...I've seen ones go for like 40-50 bucks
 
  #3  
Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Aken's Avatar
July 2008 ROTM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,002
Default

Motorcycle stands are like jack stands for your car. While some may be expensive, they are higher quality, safer, etc.
 
  #4  
Old 07-11-2010, 03:45 PM
MitchA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gilroy Ca
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by Aken View Post
Motorcycle stands are like jack stands for your car. While some may be expensive, they are higher quality, safer, etc.
Understandable safety concern but in this case I much less worried. Seriously, it's steel tubing with some bends and wheels to create the leverage. Not much can really go wrong is my thought. No hydraulics, no mechanicals to go wrong.

Ill check out Ebay. Thanks.

I found the set Im after, both front and rear for $59. Thanks again.
 

Last edited by MitchA; 07-11-2010 at 03:52 PM.
  #5  
Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 217
Default

could we get a link to the purchase page for the rest of us that need some cheap ones too
 
  #6  
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
MitchA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gilroy Ca
Posts: 199
Default

Originally Posted by canhead64 View Post
could we get a link to the purchase page for the rest of us that need some cheap ones too
Absolutely.

LINK:
 
  #7  
Old 07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
randyjoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paradise (DFW), Tx
Posts: 917
Default

I've seen the really cheap ones bend with minimal use and also have the wheels break and/or fall off and collapse (making the bike fall over). I saw one guy lean across his bike and the rear bent.

If you can't go PitBull, T-Rex isn't bad.
 
  #8  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 AM
xjoewhitex's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Marietta, Ohio
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by MitchA View Post
Understandable safety concern but in this case I much less worried. Seriously, it's steel tubing with some bends and wheels to create the leverage. Not much can really go wrong is my thought. No hydraulics, no mechanicals to go wrong.

Ill check out Ebay. Thanks.

I found the set Im after, both front and rear for $59. Thanks again.
Steel tubing correct, but poorly designed and welded with cheap metal is the part your forgetting. Ive had cheap stands, which bent, and warped with the bike on them. Almost fell, bought some t-rex stands. I feel better now.
 
  #9  
Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Originally Posted by MitchA View Post
Absolutely.

LINK:
thanks man
 
  #10  
Old 07-12-2010, 01:24 AM
usetheffours's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: indy, in
Posts: 330
Default

+1 on t-rex. I don't want my first drop to be from cheap stands
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap Rear Stand?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.