F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Chatterbox bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chatterbox bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can any of you tell me why I shouldn't pick up a chatterbox bluetooth???? LMK!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Default RE: Chatterbox bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're retardedly overpriced and really don't work as well as advertised. They are really noisy, the "vox" function is junk do a search on the internet there are all sorts of poor reviews on pretty much all but a few very high priced comm systems. Hand signals are free!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

because once they have the chance to moan they wont stop

Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM

I just got a normal chatterbox - which has the functionality that the bluetooth version has - look at the fine print for the bluetooth though... it's not bluetooth to the headphones (which would be sweet) it's only bluetooth compatible with other devices, you still need a wire to go from the unit to your headphones... Regardless, there are MANY poor reviews and only a few good ones. I got the GMRS-X1 and although it is expensive, I like it a lot and it makes riding with my 4 other buddies (group discount...) a lot more convenient, it's easier to communicate while on the twisties :-D

Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Kiker, do you use the VOX? I'd really like toget one, but only if the VOX worked well

Old 09-07-2007, 06:25 AM

on group rides, etc. we almost never use the vox as it tends to get annoying when it "accidently" transmitts when you are riding hard (wind noise, engine noise, exhaust) when going fast will turn the vox on. what we usually do is just use the ptt button. i mounted mine up next to my left clip on so i don't have to take my hands off the controls to talk.

the vox works really well. . as long as you like going below 60 and keeping the revs down

i also really see no reason for the bluetooth modules unless you wanted to hook it up to a phone. . . but i find that i want to ride so i can get away from people calling me. so its a moot point in my case

i do use it so i can hear my rad detector and music though which is pretty useful

Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 AM

the VOX is crap - I hate it. It cuts you off mid-sentance unless you are speaking REAL fast. I like the PTT, still working on finding a good spot to mount the external PTT button so I don't have to keep riding with one hand and yet still have easy access to it.

traitorhound - do you have any pictures of where you are mounting your button, i'm not exactly sure by your description...

Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM

I have a chance to get 2 X1 Bluetooths and 2 Ijets for $295.00. Do you guys think I should get them? Is the PTT button wireless or wired?? Let me know......

Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: kiker14

the VOX is crap - I hate it. It cuts you off mid-sentance unless you are speaking REAL fast. I like the PTT, still working on finding a good spot to mount the external PTT button so I don't have to keep riding with one hand and yet still have easy access to it.

traitorhound - do you have any pictures of where you are mounting your button, i'm not exactly sure by your description...
no real pictures. . .but its mounted to the right of the left side hand controls. . so you aren't really holding the clip on like normal. . but at least your hand is still on the bar. there is just enough room inbetween the clutch wires and the end of the clip on the strap the button on

Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

the vox works really well. . as long as you like going below 60 and keeping the revs down

Quick Reply: Chatterbox bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!