F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Changing Plastics- Newbie ?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Changing Plastics- Newbie ?

Hey what's up everyone? I am looking at buying an 03 silver/red cbr f4i. I really wanted to hold out for a white/red but it's looking like it may have to scoop this one up because it is one of the only ones in my price range.

How difficult would it be to convert this bike to white and red? Has anyone done this? Is it just a matter of changing out fairings and adding vinyls or is it actually going to have to be painted? What are my options guys?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 PM

Try Ebay for your colour of fairing or on this forum. You may find someone who wants a straight swap for yours! Fitting should be a simple job if you get the exact fairing but in the colours you like. Painting your present silver/red fairing may be cost effective if the silver part of it is where you would have the white of your choice. Look around your local area for good paintwork guys and get a price. Maybe cheaper than you think, unless you are thinking of doing the job yourself?

Originally Posted by spacemonkeyy
Hey what's up everyone? I am looking at buying an 03 silver/red cbr f4i. I really wanted to hold out for a white/red but it's looking like it may have to scoop this one up because it is one of the only ones in my price range.

How difficult would it be to convert this bike to white and red? Has anyone done this? Is it just a matter of changing out fairings and adding vinyls or is it actually going to have to be painted? What are my options guys?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd actually try craigslist instead. eBay doesn't really do swaps. Just take the usual precautions (ie: meet in public, not your home or theirs)

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM

Okay so if I actually did by the red/white fairings (ones for the 01 cbr 600 f4i) I could slap those on but wouldn't my gas tank and tail still be silver..? Im not really sure which is going to be more cost effective. I basically want to swap out the main silver for white and leave the red wings on the bike.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM
July 2008 ROTM

If you can find the OEM parts to swap on your bike, great. Go for it.

You can always repaint your current fairings and tank to the color you want. Or you can look for an aftermarket set of fairings that matches the scheme you like, but you will still need to paint your tank, and sometimes aftermarket fairings can be a pain to install.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my new fairings from cbrfairings.com and they turned out pretty nice.
I know the have the red/white fairings there and you get the front, sides and tail fairings, duct covers and intake grills.
I think it was $560 for the whole kit.
But you will have to paint the tank on your own dime as that is not included.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
I just got my new fairings from cbrfairings.com and they turned out pretty nice.
I know the have the red/white fairings there and you get the front, sides and tail fairings, duct covers and intake grills.
I think it was $560 for the whole kit.
But you will have to paint the tank on your own dime as that is not included.
I'll have to look into this site and the cost of painting the tank. It seems a little easier than I thought. Thanks bro.