F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

challenge accepted

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default challenge accepted

Ok so i'm on my 3rd season of riding and i am starting to get comfortable going faster. i'm going to turn my 01 f4i into a track drag bike. not full scale nhra or anything just something that i can take out to grudge night at the local drag strip and put down some good numbers. i've done some research and it looks like the stock f4i does somewhere around 10-11 seconds depending on who is riding. i'm pretty mechanically inclined and have built cars for drag strips so i'm going to build something to show a 600 is fast enough for anyone. i'm tired of people saying 600's aren't worth it and if it's not a 1000 it's not fast. so this is going to be a two year project but here is my list
lower
stretch
dry nitrous (never messed with wet system)
obviously different sprockets
engine work is a must but i need more research before i put money into it
Just to clarify before any bashing i am not doing this for ego i'm doing this to what i feel is saving lives. i've lost 2 friends already from buying too big of a bike for their riding skills. i'm doing this to show people that a 600 is enough. i am 300 lbs and probably look goofy riding my f4i but keep in mind i love riding it and i'm safe when i do it.
thanks for reading any info or a point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. summer of 2015 i will have a "street legal" drag bike to promote track racing on a budget
thanks, Cliff

Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM

sweet, let us know how it comes along

Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM

i will keep everyone posted thanks for the support

Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 PM

i really dont want you to take offense to this but..isnt adding nitrous and doing engine work kind of taking away the point that it is a 600..

Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by omg209
i really dont want you to take offense to this but..isnt adding nitrous and doing engine work kind of taking away the point that it is a 600..
And putting a turbo kit into a BMW s1000rr is kinda overkill... but there are a couple in existence

Sometimes ppl do things just to see if can be done.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 AM

i don't feel is taking away from it being a 600 at all. by engine work i'm not talking bore and stroke because that is just way too costly i'm saying a few power adds. i want it to be that 1.6 ltr civic that walks a vette and makes people go "wow you can do that for that much"

Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 AM

any actual engine mods like that are going to be expensive for a 10hp gain, the hrc cams alone cost at least $5000. dunno if anyone else makes any.
remember dont polish the intake, if you port the intake make sure you design it right because the smaller intake allows higher air velocity.
the most cost effective mods would be, air filter, powercommander, and a full exhaust system if you can find one. total price 1500-2000 high end if you can find a akrapovic.
unfortunately the bazzaz isn't coming out with a model for the f4i, if someone let them borrow their f4i or something they maybe would.
so you are stuck with whatever quick shifter powercommander has.
if you had a suzuki you could use ecueditor ecueditor.com - The Ultimate Engine Tuning Software for Hayabusa, GSX-R and B-King Motorcycles of course its for newer ones, but the ecu even has launch control. not sure if i believe it though.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Yea I found a quick shifter but I'm trying to remember where I saw it. I have a guy that can possibly make me the exhaust out of his shop. I wasn't going to go crazy on the engine with pistons and stuff I was meaning the injectors were going to get upgraded and a turbo. I'm not trying to do too much to the internals it's more of how cheap can I get it done for a reliable track bike. If its too costly I'm better off buying a bigger bike but that's what I'm trying to prove is that u don't need a bigger bike or huge bank roll to have a fast bike.
But back to topic does the power commander come with the software to tune it and is 300 bucks the price for a decent one?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Stretch it, put some low azz gears, run an open header with a moto gp tip, m4 or similar. Then tune the carbs In exactly perfect.
When you launch it at near redline and keep it there til the race is over people will be surprised.

That's what I'm working on getting. F4 stretched, open exhaust, jet kit, gears. Done. The cost of a jet kit, extended swing arm and gears are not too expensive. .

Keep us informed.

Last edited by cBrentb; 02-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by tchyclutch7
But back to topic does the power commander come with the software to tune it and is 300 bucks the price for a decent one?
i think you can find it a little bit cheaper for brand new. and yes you can download the software now even, but you really need a dyno to tune it.
i have a thread about what to prep for a dyno somewhere heres.

Originally Posted by cBrentb
Then tune the carbs In exactly perfect.
its an f4i

Quick Reply: challenge accepted