F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A CCT question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A CCT question?

I wanted to ask how do I really know that I need my cct replaced? The thing is that I dont hear any noise coming from it my bike sounds all motor. I just dont want to spend on a part that doesn't need to be replaced.

Also what are the common things that I need to replace my fuel pressure regulator?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 PM

If you haven't heard the noise then you don't have to worry about it. You will know when its bad, its simply annoying! Mine has been bad since I got the bike, have put close to 8k on it since October 08. I have heard you don't have to worry and I have been told it should be done, so depends on who you talk to. Other than obnoxious 4-6k rpms.

Thats all I got to say about that. LOL

Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 PM

sounds like bb's rolling around in your engine. it is really annoying, when you hear that just buy an ape manual cct and you will never have to replace it again. all you will have to do it tighten it a little if the noise comes back

Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM

where did you guys buy your ape manual cct? Im going to replace my fuel pressure regulator.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 PM

as ars1986 said you can just replace with a manual cct, just don't tighten it down too much as my friend did on his '01 F4i. The motor is sitting on my bench now, waiting for me to flush the plastic and metal shavings and put a new cct slide in along with a new cam chain since this one got so hot.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 PM

i think i hear it but its not that annoying or that bad. whats the consequence if u dont change it????

Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by playb0i
i think i hear it but its not that annoying or that bad. whats the consequence if u dont change it????

If you don't change the CCT, your bike will explode.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
If you don't change the CCT, your bike will explode.
LOL, he is kidding....I have ridden w/mine rattling away for 5k miles now...YES, its annoying as HELL!! But until i get the time and $ for the part (where did you guys order yours from again?) i will just have to ignore the obnoxious sound between 4-6k rpms

Old 06-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hey Whitedevil, how did you guys realize the CCT had worn itself through? What symptoms did it demonstrate?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Hey Whitedevil, how did you guys realize the CCT had worn itself through? What symptoms did it demonstrate?
We were railing some canyons, "completely legal and safe like" when he started losing power. He was on the gas but it was slowly dying. Pulled over, turned it off, chilled for 20 minutes and went on our way, few miles down the road same thing again, pulled over waited 20 minutes, but this time when he went to start it, nothing! We actually thought the engine seized, couldn't rotate the back wheel at all. So I got the motor out on work bench and started to go to town, it was locked up! The slide that the cct pushes against the cc was wedged, freed that up and was able to turn motor over by cranking on alternator bolt.

Quick Reply: A CCT question?