F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CCT

Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CCT

Ok so I just got an F4i a couple of months back. I haven't rode it b/c of snow. It was rashed up and the front was smashed got some new parts put them all on. I have done a lot of work. I am wondering anout The cam chain tensioner? I have been reading up on it. I got it down how to put it on but why? The stock ones fail? I rode an F2 and F3 for years those got loud but I never replaced them. Is this the same idea or do the F4i's fail in a different way. I have ordered one I just was curious.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CCT

i just replaced mine last weekend..easy to do, and i think your saposed to replace them if they are making the ratteling noise..i think you replace them so it doesnt fail and your bike jumps timing..that could cause bent valves ETC. and you will have a junk motor..i got the CCT for 50 bucks and put it in under 45 minutes..VERY easy to do as well..i would recomend it..for the sake of ruining your bike.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM

wow, tell me more about this cctl failing thing! so has it happened to anyone where the cctl got so noisey that it failed and made their bike jump timing?

this is great stuff...one should probably use SEARCH and see what comes up right?

just when did noisey = fail?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

wow, tell me more about this cctl failing thing! so has it happened to anyone where the cctl got so noisey that it failed and made their bike jump timing?

this is great stuff...one should probably use SEARCH and see what comes up right?

just when did noisey = fail?

You know if i didn't know any better I would be detecting some sarcasm, but i've been wrong before... But i'll make it easy for the guy

https://cbrforum.com/searchpro.asp?p...bmitbutton=+OK+

Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM

no, but that noise leads to pre-mature wear on the chain..it will last alot longer if its not in there slapping around and grinding on things.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 PM

[sm=closed.gif]

Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 AM

wow...hear something new about the cclt every single day! noise leads to premature wear on the chain...
take the damn covers off, look at it and see how a noisey cctl would slap around and lead to premature wear on the chain.

please people, stop giving out false information. fricking research the hell out of it, and then when you think you're done, do it some more...then after you're done...stop...because you've got it all wrong...research some more, then take the damn thing apart and your bike apart and see what it does...

Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM

im sorry..i didnt relize you had more knowledge then a mechanic at my local powershop!

sorry, he told me that it leads to pre mature wear..but ill tell him hes wrong cause you said so!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:42 PM

tell him that he's wrong cause he's a mechanic and not an engineer. ask him how does a noisey cctl that's applying the same tension to the cam chain cause the cam chain to wear faster?

yes, i'm being harsh, a *****, etc...

but you should always question what others tell you and do your own research and not just accept their word for it. just because he is a mechanic doesn't not mean that he is always correct. bikes, cars, etc. have been mis-diagnosed by mechanics...and this cctl issue is one of those areas that if you really probe into it and take things apart...you'll see what's really going on with this little part with bad tolerance.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

tell him that he's wrong cause he's a mechanic and not an engineer. ask him how does a noisey cctl that's applying the same tension to the cam chain cause the cam chain to wear faster?

yes, i'm being harsh, a *****, etc...

but you should always question what others tell you and do your own research and not just accept their word for it. just because he is a mechanic doesn't not mean that he is always correct. bikes, cars, etc. have been mis-diagnosed by mechanics...and this cctl issue is one of those areas that if you really probe into it and take things apart...you'll see what's really going on with this little part with bad tolerance.

i can respect that..sorry about arguing with you.

Search this Thread