F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

carrying cargo on my f4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carrying cargo on my f4i

I'm taking a solo trip to the dragonin two weeks the 23-28 and I need to know the best way to carry a bag full of clothes. I'm going to purchase a larger backpack then I already have and put a bunch of stuff in there but I think I want to bring a pair of shoes, I don't want to wear my boots if I just go for a walk or something, plus I don't think I can fit 5 days worth of clothes in just 1 backpack. I see some people with like nets or something over their back seats where do you get those? Or should I just use two bungee cords and wrap themaround a small duffel bag?. It's going to be a LONG 8-10 hours of riding. =/

mike

Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM
IDL
Default RE: carrying cargo on my f4i

If you don't have a tank bag already, get one.
Also, cargo nets are pretty handy for the back. The other option is like what you suggested and bungee your backpack to your tail. I've done that before and it works fine.
You'll be surprised how much stuff you can comfortable carry. Just try to avoid wearing your backpack

Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

FEDEX, UPS

Edit.

Let me explain. Send a bunch of t-shirts/socks you are gonna get rid of, you know the kind that about to be turned into rags. Send them to the hotel, by UPS or whatever. Wear them once then clean your bike with them and throw them out when you get ready to leave. This way you don't need to travel with that much stuff.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM

get a bungee net for the back passenger seat (that's what I use for small pickups of bags see my sig pic), a magnetic tank bag, and if you need more get some saddlebags. If you are just going to carry clothes in them you can buy soft cases which will be cheaper than the hard cases which are more sturdy... all depends on what you want.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
IDL

Another perk of having a atank bag, especially if you are filling it with clothes, is that it turns into a pillow so you can rest your chest on it. Comfy!

Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM

16-25" bungee net should be good enough.
14" is good just for the full face but a very tight fit!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Awesome thanks for the advice guys!!!! The Fedex thing might work I have a bunch of old Tshirts I don't wear anymore and I think I'll go look for a tank bag this weekend. I've always wanted to get one just never had $80 for one. =(

Old 10-12-2007, 08:24 AM

Dude: >>> http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/p...recnumber=3414 I've seen these in person at the Dealer's and they look awesome. Oxford is sold in the US as well. Just google 'em out .

What else . Givi .http://www.giviusa.com/ That's HC travelling , more expansive but more comfortable.

Let us know what you're choosing and write about it how it all went down during the trip.
Good luck.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 PM

dude you don't even have to mail your old cloths. if you can't just buy them when you get down there it's actually pretty easy to mail a bag of plain white t-s already in the bag. get a 5 pack for $8.99 at walmart. same with socks. won't cost much to ship because they're already well packaged and compressed. the rest of hte stuff you can fit in your bag. don't forget some thermals and a camera.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 PM

This way ppl will say he's wearing the same thing w/o changing lol.

Quick Reply: carrying cargo on my f4i