F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Carbon Fiber Corbin Seats [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Corbin Seats [PICS]

Got my corbin seats in today. Really happy. Seat feels a lot better already, and they didn't even break in yet. They'll only get better. It's true what they say that it makes your riding posture different. The seat makes you sit at the rear end of the seat, which causes you to lean forward a little more. Not too much, but just a minor difference.

It's also uncomfortable when both your feet are on the ground. The sides of the seats curve up a little. It's designed so that when you put your legs up when you're moving, the seat basically contours to your leg and goes around it. Well the sides that go around your leg really poke at it when you're at a stop. Actually doesn't bother me at all when I have one foot down only. People say it'll get better as the seat breaks in and gets softer.

Here's some pics I took. Enjoy! Lemme know what your thoughts are.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Banned
Default RE: Carbon Fiber Corbin Seats [PICS]

Looks good. Have you had a passenger on it yet? It looks more ***-friendly than a stock seat.

I had a local guy redo my stock banana seat with a 'tacky' material and some built up foam. It is soooo much better than before. Without a doubt, Honda views these bikes as toys, they figure you are only gonna ride them around the track for a half hour then rest. A new seat is the best mod you can make.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM

may i ask how much you paid?

Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Gizmo

may i ask how much you paid?
It was kindaa lot. $300 for the front, $200 for the rear, $80 S/H. Took maybe about 1 1/2 weeks to make the seats, and then 2 days to ship it here.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Nice, thats a good deal on the seats...

Old 05-11-2007, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ddaren
It's also uncomfortable when both your feet are on the ground. The sides of the seats curve up a little. It's designed so that when you put your legs up when you're moving, the seat basically contours to your leg and goes around it. Well the sides that go around your leg really poke at it when you're at a stop. Actually doesn't bother me at all when I have one foot down only. People say it'll get better as the seat breaks in and gets softer.
The part you're talking about that DIGS into your legs while they're off the pegs... It either got much better after I put some time on mine, or I just quit noticing it now. Not sure which one, but either way, I'm happier now. At first, it dug into my right thigh even with my feet on the pegs, but after a thousand or so miles, I don't feel that pressure point at all.

I can definately say that it gets MUCH more comfortable after 4 or 5k miles.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:08 AM

One thing I like about the stock seat is that being so flat I can slide forward, backward, sit in the middle, where ever feels comfortable at that point in time. It looks like the Corbin seat would be more restrictive forcing you to sit in one particular spot.
I'm not in love with the stock seat other that that aspect of it. But I spend a lot of time on a bicycle seat and compared to that the stock F4i seat doesn't seem so bad.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 AM

bicycle seats... ouch... ride too long on that and you get a vagina. that seat justs shoves in between your legs...