F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Car drivers dont look alot...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car drivers dont look alot...

Well, got back from a cracking ride on Tuesday, parked front end on outside my flat while I went in and removed my jacket etc and go back out and bring my baby in for the night...

Next... alarm blaring! Run outside to see a big dumb idiot standing over my bike which he had just reversed into like it had been beamed down from Mars
So it was picked up after I screamed at him to help... at least he was still there, turns out he lives over the road. I would of hit him but his missus went nuts so I know he was in for a far rougher night and I dont get arrested!
Estimates done, £839.05 they were going to pay cash till the bill came in... fair do's to Admiral insurance (theirs) who sorted it in one call cash settlement paid in my bank with no proof of anything needed
Pics to follow with more info...

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 04-25-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Bugger! Sorry to hear that.

At least he didn't run away and the insurance company came to the party. Bad enough that the careless driver (backer??) knocked over your bike.

So, will you replace the bits yourself or get it done through a shop?

Cheers, SB

Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 AM

My friendly neighborhood mechanic is doing all the work and it should actually end up looking better than it did... which is nice...
Damage from drop was: bent clip on on throttle side
Bent footpeg
Smashed indicator on front
Gash on fairing
Smashed mirror
Ruined bar end
Included in repair is: mirror/bar end both sides
Spraying frame where it had bubbled
Own levers fitting
Own O2 sensor fitting
Like I said it should look better than before :-)

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 04-25-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM

I cannot understand a word your thread says?

parked front end on outside my flat while I went in and removed my jacket etc and go back out and bring my baby in for the night...
What lol

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Bro

I don't understand why you didn't put your baby to bed before you went in the house for the night I always wipe my girl off and tuck her in before I go in

Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 AM

I have to lift the gate off its hinges to get it through etc etc... I was in the house 30 seconds and would of been no more that 2 minuites inside...
Just to be clear, I parked nose to the kerb in a bay outside my house briefly while I nipped in to remove rucksack etc so I could go back out and bring my bike in... there's a few things I have to do before I can wheel it in... does that read any better?

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 04-25-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear it wasn't a hit and run. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 AM

Well you just wouldn't believe it... came home today, couldnt get bike in yard as an ambulance was partly across the gate. So I parked briefly in one of the allocated bays outside (again) untill the ambulance moved.... and SMASH, CRASH, SCRAPE, OMG! Some dullard smashed into bike and sent it 6-8ft onto pavement (sidewalk lol). Suffice to say my next door neigbour had to pull me off him!
Now, there is loads of room and these are official bays that go right up the street, he said " I was only going 5mph", liar! I was and am fuming! He obviously admitted liability and I got him to sign saying so, he is insured and a witness has stepped in also. So I guess it could be worse???
The hit/tip 10days ago was paid out to me in 8 days flat! My mechanic currently was ordering parts etc, there is and overlap of some damage, but his one was alot worse. I'm wondering if the insurance company will start being ********s about essentially paying out on some bits that I'd just been paid out on but the work hadn't been done yet? Or will it be a completely seperate issue as the cash I recently received did not have conditions attatched and I didnt 'have' to get the work done at all?

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 04-28-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM

I've lived here well over a year and the bays are always full and I've never seen anything like it... and I get it twice in two weeks? Should I just sell it and forget about it all?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens. Well they say it happens in 3, so maybe hold off on the repairs until the next one occurs

But just see what the insurance company says. If some previously damaged parts get more damaged, but were bound to be replaced, no big deal right? From your last claim, they will have a very accurate (pictures?) of what the bike looked like before this idiot backed over your bike, so you should have no problems getting the new damage covered.

Quick Reply: Car drivers dont look alot...