F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can't ride bike. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't ride bike. What to do?

So I lost my key to my f4i. Literally looked everywhere. Shop, garage, house, clothes, laundry, trash cans, I've cleared everything possible. If you name it I looked there. I finally gave up on the key after a week of looking. I was going to take my ignition to honda cause they can make keys for it if I have that and registration. So I was going to take the ignition off to take it up there but realised my registration is locked under my seat. So I can't get my registration without a key and I can't get a key without my registration. Wtf do I do?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Call a mobile locksmith.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:23 PM

A few weeks ago I locked my keys under my seat... Ya I kno rookie move... And of course it was pouring out and had to get to work I have an undertail kit on mine and all I did was pull that off and took off the tail fairing and squeezed my hand in there and was able to get my keys u could probly do the same thing good luck!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by OneFastGSR
So I lost my key to my f4i. Literally looked everywhere. Shop, garage, house, clothes, laundry, trash cans, I've cleared everything possible. If you name it I looked there. I finally gave up on the key after a week of looking. I was going to take my ignition to honda cause they can make keys for it if I have that and registration. So I was going to take the ignition off to take it up there but realised my registration is locked under my seat. So I can't get my registration without a key and I can't get a key without my registration. Wtf do I do?
Check the ignition and the seat lock. I though I lost my keys and I was looking for hours. Turns out I left them in the seat lock on my fender.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 PM

I've done that too breezy lol left my keys in seat lock thought my wife had lost them searched for hours and felt like a complete buffoon when I found them

Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by McBreezyF4i
Check the ignition and the seat lock. I though I lost my keys and I was looking for hours. Turns out I left them in the seat lock on my fender.
Done this my fair share of times. Once even in a parking lot when I left it unattended for two hours. Oops.

As for the key situation? I would suggest getting a locksmith cut you a key like bamato said. And then get a spare.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have an 02? split seat?

Unbolt your big seat, then take a long screw driver and pop the latch on the passenger seat.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
You have an 02? split seat?

Unbolt your big seat, then take a long screw driver and pop the latch on the passenger seat.
Won't work from the front, or you have to get REALLY lucky because you really can't see anything. You have to hit it from the side near the latch with a long skinny flat head. Trust me, I spent hours and hours trying to get my rear seat off because the cable to the lock was snapped when I got the bike. By wiggling the seat and hitting it with the screw driver I finally got it to pop.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM

I still havn't found them anywhere, I lifted the front seat and the bag with registration was right there and managed to pull it through the seat. Took registration and ignition to honda and they still wouldn't make a key without another key, But honda recommended a locksmith and he managed to make me a blank key. I got 3 keys now but all are just plain metal keys no honda keys

Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

If you want real honda keys, have honda make you a copy or get the blanks from them and take them to the locksmith to have them cut.

Quick Reply: Can't ride bike. What to do?