F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can i strap my helmet onto the back passenger seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i strap my helmet onto the back passenger seat?

Ive seen many motorcyclist put their helmet like strapped under the passenger seat. i tried to do it earlier and i cant possibly find out how to. i have a shoei x-11 and it looks like the straps are really short if i try to lace em like im wearing the helmet and then try to strap em to the bike. how do you guys put it on your bike?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM

take your passenger seat off..under that you will find a bracket that goes across the seat towards the front.. kinda looks like this [_______].. i dont feel like taking a picture...dont lace the straps together but take the one with the d ring on it and hook it on the bracket and put your seat on... this off course is only when your not riding

Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lift seat, place helmet D-ring from chin-strap onto subframe hook, put seat back on, done. Both the banana seat & split seat models have hooks.
Name:  DCP_0442.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  14.3 KB
Name:  DCP_0444.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  17.4 KB

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 PM

+1 much easier with pics but i was too lazy

Old 10-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Please don't strap your helmet on your passenger seat while you're riding. I don't have a problem with doing that while you're parked, but please wear it while you're riding.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abeer1
Please don't strap your helmet on your passenger seat while you're riding. I don't have a problem with doing that while you're parked, but please wear it while you're riding.
Oh man, my sides are hurting from laughing. One of the primary complaints my bike's previous owner had with the bike was her purple helmet got all f'ed up when she rode with it hanging from the helmet lock.

The look on her face was priceless when I said "You know that's only meant for when the bike is parked?"

Old 10-17-2009, 02:17 AM

Any other ways to carry a extra helmet on our F4is while riding , passengers helmet !!! , I know they have a Universal strap that runs underneath the rear seat is that the only way to do so ???? I gotta find a way to carry my xtra helmet for Unxpected (Female Only ) Passengers !!!! : )

Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 714 SoCaL F4i
Any other ways to carry a extra helmet on our F4is while riding , passengers helmet !!! , I know they have a Universal strap that runs underneath the rear seat is that the only way to do so ???? I gotta find a way to carry my xtra helmet for Unxpected (Female Only ) Passengers !!!! : )
cargo net

I dont give rides to strangers, mainly cuz I'm happily taken, two because they wouldnt have any other gear either and no gear no ride with me

Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

*chuckles* be careful with those unexpected females, they can be trouble!

I never take people two-up, my bf only takes people who ride themselves.

That said, like PG mentioned- cargo net, strap it under the seat, or there are backpacks out there that have helmet straps under them. Not sure they'll work when you're actually on the bike but I could be wrong.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Cargo net, backpack or some other form of luggage is the only way. If you're going to be carrying an extra helmet a LOT, definitely go some way other than the passenger seat hook. It can mess up the paint on the rear fairing if you have it there real often. If you're really **** about your minty paint, that's an issue (I really don't care).

Quick Reply: Can i strap my helmet onto the back passenger seat?