F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can I replace the stock bulbs with H7 LED's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 06:34 AM
Welcome crew
Received 342 Likes on 318 Posts

Thanks Chris, I did suspect that they would not be correct. Very Informative video from Headlight revolution.

That is a heck of a difference in noise on the ignition circuit. I would be very interested in your 'elegant' solution once implemented.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:28 AM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

The Cheap LED from: https://autoledplaza.nl/13991671/let...0k-led-compact
it is still working. I had some warmer days of riding too.

I don't have an update for the noise canceling.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:49 AM

So, it has been quite a while since I posted something.
However I have the opinion that wrenching on the bike should happen in the wintertime.

I'm looking to start a new topic of modifying the CBR900 so I can introduce everybody to what I did, and more important: why I did it.

I have found a way to do de modification on a somewhat elegant way and I will share the link here too.

By the way, the LED bulb referenced by me earlier still works.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

I suspect you have some long winters so you must get lots of things done.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first thing i did when i bought my F4i was to replace the standard lightbulbs, i went with these: https://www.electronicaeshop.eu/h4-1...xoCnzQQAvD_BwE

​​​​​​One year now i never had any issues with those but something always bugged me, do you place the LEDs with the light stripes looking up and down or left and right?

LEDs stripes facing left and right

Old 01-23-2022, 12:56 AM

Reflection of a headlamp reflector

Your question is in fact a very good one and is most of the time the cause of bad purchaches of headlamp LED's.
As you can see above, I have drawn a headlamp reflector as a basic principle. When a normal bulb is installed the light will reflect the way it is designed.
This is how the reflector (or lens) is designed and this will give the least amount of random lightoutput ("strooilicht" in Dutch).
Therefore using the original lightbulb gives the smallest chance of blinding our fellow road users. Or getting attention from our big law enforcing friends.

Now changing the bulb for a LED will almost certainly disrupt the functionality of the reflector. But the question is how much. First of al it is important when buying a LED that the point of light exit is as small as the light emitting wire from the halogen bulb itself. Because a lens or reflector is focussed on that point alone. When the light emitting part gets out of this area so will the lightbeam that comes out of the headlamp.
Therefore I can already tell with quite some certainty that your LED does not perform as should on the road.
Now the part with the 'blind spots' on the LED itself: When the blind spot of the LED is pointed to the sides, there is quite a chance that the sides of the headlamp image is disrupted. When placing the blind spots vertically there is quite a chance that the length of the beam is disrupted.
Personally I would experiment by doing an experiment by placing your bike in 10m in front of a wall.
Check the headlamp imange with a normal bulb.
Then replace the halogen bulb with an LED an turn it in the ways you can and compare it to the image you saw with the halogen bulb.
Look for the image that is most comparable to the halogen bulb.
Most important is that there is a very sharp line above the lightbeam. Above it should be hardly any light and below it should be a full complete and wide beam.

If you want a more complete story then watch this:

Old 05-30-2022, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't change the halogen headlights on my motorcycle, but I replaced them with LED for my car. I bought those angel eyes for my Ford, and I love how they look like. I bought beamtech LED headlight bulbs for the car, but I will choose Philips, guys, as you said for the motorcycle. I can find them easily on Amazon, as I found these LED car lights
Amazon Amazon
that I installed in the car. They create a karaoke atmosphere when I turn on the music and the lights sync with beats. My kids love it!