F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bye Bye Bike...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great to hear that they bike was found. I hope they pay for what they have done. World is filled with dips**ts. I hope they get what is coming to them.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:58 PM

Thanks for all the help!

They got charged with multiple counts of "criminal possession of stolen property" so I'm not sure if they have to pay retribution if they get convicted. Apparently their bail was set at 160K, but then they got their lawyer to lower it to 40K and they posted it. They must have some money, stealing bikes has got to be a highly profitable business.

I'll keep you guys updated on the court proceedings

Old 09-08-2010, 08:36 PM

damn bro. good to hear the cops found it. my f4i was stolen last saturday and nothing from the cops yet.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 PM

That's awesome that it was found - any update on the happenings Malta?

and sorry to hear about that mbison, good luck with your search.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Yeah!! Let's count on the justice system now. Hopefully they come through. If not this is all public information and some vigilante justice could just as easily be served All you need is a name and the internet Glad to hear the caught the ****ers! Have I mentioned that I hate thiefs? lol

Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Yeah!! Let's count on the justice system now. Hopefully they come through. If not this is all public information and some vigilante justice could just as easily be served All you need is a name and the internet Glad to hear the caught the ****ers! Have I mentioned that I hate thiefs? lol
I think we all here hate thieves, bro. These are social parasites that need to get locked up for long to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, the only way they'll become somewhat empathetic is when karma kicks them in the *****.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Detainment is not a effective tool in punishing thieves. It's been proven time and time again. In some other countries they cut off extremities... just sayin. haha

Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Detainment is not a effective tool in punishing thieves. It's been proven time and time again. In some other countries they cut off extremities... just sayin. haha
hell yea! i applaud those countries. cutting hands would free up many jail cells and would be much more effective to fight the vermin.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Default Got some pieces back

mbison83, really sorry man. I really hope every f4i owner on this forum learns from our losses and chain their bike at all times, get a very loud alarm and contemplate getting lo-jack installed.

As for my story, I got called by the detective and asked to come identify the parts of my bike. I get to the precinct and they had a van just filled with parts.

I got two things back, the BARE frame (vin number sticker still attached and the stamped vin not grinded out) and my good old yoshi pipe (with added dents) and headers.

Hehe, needless to say, nothing I could ride home in.

The guys that stole the bike were these two guys running an operation out of this small garage in the back of an apartment building in Rutherford, NJ (one of those lots that has a bunch of garages next to each other, and then the tenants rent them out). What happened was that this cop was answering some unrelated call to the building, and happened to be walking around the back. She saw this bike parked in front of one of the garages that fit the description of a stolen bike that was lifted a couple of day before. She called in the vin, and it came back stolen. So she looked through the window of the garage and saw all these bike parts and half disassembled bikes lying around.

2 hours later they come back with a search warrant, and they found about 9 stolen bikes (mine happened to be JUST a frame). They also found a tricked out pickup that was registered to one of the thieves that had ratchet straps in it and figured it was what they used to lift the bikes. They impound all the parts, bikes, and the truck and leave (the thieves weren't home).

Funny thing is that when one of them came back home and didn't see their truck, they thought it got stolen and went straight to the police department. Haha they pulled cuffs on him the second he walked in. The other guy saw the posted warrant notes and turned himself in.

So now i'm waiting for the detectives to submit their case, and then start the legal process. I'm hoping to get money from restitution, because then i wouldn't need a lawyer, and the money would come from the bail they posted.

And as for the parts i got back, i found a nice spot on my wall for my yoshi exhaust

Name:  sKWerl.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  28.5 KB

Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Haha. Now that's art :P