F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bye Bye Bike...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Nex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUCH. Sorry to hear about your loss. Sadly, the weight of the f4i makes it an easy target for drive-by thefts.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It is pretty ****ty. Honestly I wouldn't count on getting the bike back, just hope that there's justice down the road somewhere.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Talking Bump about stolen bike... it was found!!!

You guys aren't gonna believe this.

Yesterday I got a call from my local PD saying they found my bike in a chop shop a couple of towns over. Apparently a cop stumbled into the back of a shop and noticed a bunch of stripped bikes. They got some search warrants and raided the place. They found a bunch of stolen bikes and arrested the 2 guys that were running the place!

The detective told me that he's not sure of the condition but it was listed as "partial stripped frame". I know that it's probably a frame and maybe an engine; definitely not the same pretty yellow angel I had left parked in front of my apartment a couple of months back.

So they now have the remnants of my bike impounded as evidence, and the two guys posted a 40 grand bail. Now i didn't have theft insurance on the bike, so i was out 3400. They're being charged with multiple counts of vehicle theft, and I'm trying to find out if i can sue them for the cost of my bike (would make sense, you steal my ****, you get caught, you ****ing pay).

Anyone have any advice on how to go on in this situation? I'm gonna consult a lawyer, but i was wondering if any of you guys have been in this situation.

In the end, i'm ****ing happy, even if all i get is a frame to hang on my wall. The scum that made my bike disappear got caught, and I now can stop wondering what, how and who stole my beloved bike that i worked so hard to get.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they're found guilty, usually they're forced to pay restitution. Problem is you go back to the "Blood From Turnip" scenario. If they don't have it, you won't get anything from them.

Make sure you stay in contact with the police department. Make sure they know you're 100% willing to testify about the circumstances under which your bike disappeared. Make sure they and the DA know you want to press full charges, not just theft but also destruction of private property and anything else they can toss on top.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! Surprised it (or parts of it) was even found. You're already ahead of the game compared to me. Nothing of mine ever surfaced after it was stolen.

Yep, keep in touch w/ police & whoever is overseeing the case. There's a possibility that all the bikes & parts are being inventoried for storage until final disposition can be made. You may be able to look at that list & actual inventory to see what parts may be yours.

Good luck w/ everything!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Its not very often a stolen bike is recovered. I got a feeling this is going to be a long road... but at least you know where the road is

Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not very often a stolen bike is recovered. I got a feeling this is going to be a long road... but at least you know where the road is
+1.
I wish you the best of luck, Paul.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on good news! Hopefully justice will be served.

And hey, if you get to take a look at inventoried parts, you may be able to get a couple extra parts. Just wishful thinking.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on good news! Hopefully justice will be served.

And hey, if you get to take a look at inventoried parts, you may be able to get a couple extra parts. Just wishful thinking.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM

congrats and good luck with getting some cash flow out of these Fu&ktards