F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Buying fairings off Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.myfairings.com ....... www.nicecycle.com........... they got your fairing fix

Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 AM

Any update to this - OP did you get a set?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Any update to this - OP did you get a set?

No, nothing yet.

Likely will be ordering in the new year. The bike has some frame damage as well and I need time to get it taken apart and into a welding shop for the repair. Going to have the forks inspected at the same time.

Once I know these parts are reusable then I'll order the fairings and headlight assembly.

Thanks for all the responses.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 PM

I have purchased a kit off ebay from Auctmarts1 on November 21st. Haven't received the fairing kit yet... Communication is great from Auctmarts, but its strange that it's taking so long for the fairing to get here. Once I receive fairing I'll let you guys know about fit and quality of the finish.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Any of you guys know of a good heat shield to put in these new fairings?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by bowflexmaverick
I have purchased a kit off ebay from Auctmarts1 on November 21st. Haven't received the fairing kit yet... Communication is great from Auctmarts, but its strange that it's taking so long for the fairing to get here. Once I receive fairing I'll let you guys know about fit and quality of the finish.

I ordered a headlight assembly and fairing kit from Auctmarts 2 weeks ago.

Headlight came 2 days ago. They say fairing has been shipped as of the end of last week.

Frame is back from repair. I'm starting to collect the rest of the parts and hope to start reassembly next week.

I'd like to know about some heat shielding as well.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
October 2011 ROTM

When I put new fairings on my bike I bought the OEM foam and put it on. Installation is super easy because every piece is already cut so you just peel off the paper and slap it on there. I have had no issues with heat getting to the fairings. Happy I went OEM.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Sorry I haven't kept you posted, but I received my fairing probably on january 4th. So it was quite a long time. As for heat shielding, I went with this route on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0442&viewitem=

For installation I just needed to cut it all out to fit and it wasn't too terrible, it stuck well and seemed pretty good quality for a lot cheaper than the OEM foam.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.delkevic.us/

Is this the right place? Shipping is a bit cheaper if you buy directly from the website...

Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered Users
Default Fairings

Glad you didn't make a spontanious spend yet. I bought mine off of ebay. It was a full set, but the front fender was for a newer model. Maybe a 05 or something. Maybe the RR model or newer. Anyway I only spent like 250 t0 300 and that was with shipping. It was from an individual from a large shop that found them in a corner or something. They were a little scratched up and the front piece didn't fit, but it was still an amazing deal. It took some sort of plastic epoxy to fix my old tears on mine, but it looks like new. Ill do the same favor for anyone on this site... GL man. Keep searching!

Quick Reply: Buying fairings off Ebay?