F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Broken Key in Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Key in Ignition

Ok so i wrecked my bike and the key broke off in the ignition. ive had 2 locksmiths come and try to take it out and both were unsuccessful. so now im trying to just remove the ignition and buy a new one. this is where my problem is because i cant seem to get the ignition removed. there are 2 main big silver bolt/screws that hold in to the bike and i cant seem to figure out what kind of tool to use to get them removed. i first thought they were LN wrenches but those didnt work. anyone have any suggestions or name of the tool i would need to get those bolts removed? or maybe just any suggestions on how to get the key out mysellf without having to buy a whole new igntion. help is much appreciated

Old 04-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: Broken Key in Ignition

is therea reason why nobody has replied to my post? do i have it posted in the wrong forum or what? or just nobody has any idea of what im talkin about here?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM

look no one is going to reply because you may be telling the truth but we just cannot tell if you really broke off a key or you want to remove the ignition so you can steal bikes. (im not saying your a theif, but these are the times, i know you will understand) Also its not just because of you but others who might use this knowlege for ill-gotten gains.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 PM

but if you think about it i said i want to remove the ignition. if i removed the ignition how would i start the bike to steal it? lol. under the ignition i have already removed 3 lil STAR screws and i have the ignition switch out and can start my bike with a screw driver so a matter of me trying to steal my own bike isnt the problem. so you gotta read carefully because i said i want to completely REMOVE the ignition so without an ignition im not quite sure how a bike would run. and who would go through all the trouble of removing the upper fairing and then the fairing stay just to take off the ignition if they were just trying to steal a bike?

Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM

i can even post a picture of the broken key and my jacked up bike

Old 04-22-2007, 09:39 PM

More than likely you should take it to a Honda dealer and let them fix it for you.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM

lol ok buddy thanks for that great advice. if i wanted to pay an arm and a leg for honda to fix it i would have done that in that first place but thanks anyways

Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 PM

you gotta realize that this is a touchy subject. Try downloading a factory service manual, and seeing if there is anything in there.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 PM

thats the thing i dont understand though is how its a touchy subject. i dont think you people are reading correctly. i want to COMPLETELY REMOVE the ignition. how would i possibly start a bike to steal it without an ignition? and once again i said i already has a piece of the igition off (the ignition swtich) so if the bike wasnt mine it would have been stolen already cause you can start the bike with a screw driver. i just need to know how to remove the whole ignition so i can replace it with a new one. so ill try to make this clear one more time i want to COMPLETELY REMOVE THE ENTIRE IGNITION. if thats still too touchy for you people well then i guess im **** out of luck and this forum is a waste of time. thank you for trying to make me understand even thought you logic isnt all there

Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 PM

so if we tell you how to remove an ignition, then you just install the one you got off ebay, how is that not helping you with a stolen bike. We're just letting you know that you won't get that kind of info from us on this forum.

Quick Reply: Broken Key in Ignition