F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

brake wires and colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake wires and colors

so i know that the green wires are ground, orange is right turn signal, light blue is left turn signal. i see that black/brown supplies power green/yellow as well. what i want to know is which wire makes the light turn brighter red when you press on the break because my lights are stuck on bright red when i attach the black/brown or green/yellow wires and pressing on the breaks does nothing as they are stuck bright red.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM

i forgot to mention that i only 2 brake lights, no other bulbs for my turn signal as those 2 lights act as them as well as braking lights

Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM

so youve got an integrated tail light? The green/yellow is the wire thats supposed to go to the brake switch to activate the brake lights. The black/brown are the running lights i do believe. How do you have everything wired up to the tail lights?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM

well lets see i have 3 wires for each bulb, 1 for the signal, 1 for ground, and 1 for the brake light power...i got the signals working but not the brakelight and when i do get the brakelight to come on they stay on even with the green/yellow one.
is it a certain green/yellow one or any is fine?
also it cant be the brake switch because i unplugged that to test if it was but the brake lights stayed on
my wires are a mess btw..i have no attachments for the wires...blame the previous owner and his rat problem.

is it possible to have everything working with this setup?

Attached Thumbnails brake wires and colors-1.jpg   brake wires and colors-2.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Are you sure you dont need a relay to be able to use the brake light as turn signal too? cuz on ur tail light you have 3 wire .. ground , running light and brake light... I dont see how you can use the brake light as turn signal if its not design too ..

Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 PM

yeah are you sure you have an integrated tail? Did the tail lights ever function as brake lights and blinkers properly?

Usually theres 4 wires for them like oxyg3ne said. Running light, brake light, turn signal and ground. I just wired up a hot bodies undertail on an 05 busa and did all this. The running and brake light wires from the lights were wired to the power source, the ground went to the ground, and i just spliced the turn signal wires into the wires for the turn signals he had installed on the sides of the tail.

There should be a resistor or relay or something somewhere so that the running lights are at like half power or 75% power whatever it is. Then once the brake switch is activated theyll have 100% power.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM

well i have a tail light converter..and i hooked up my signal lights to it and they work..and yes it all was working before but now it just stopped..maybe i need a new tail light converter?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Ho well cant help you for this.. never installed this..

Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 PM

yeah never worked with one of those before either. are there instructions for it saying which wire does what on it or something? or a wiring diagram? maybe somethings wrong with the converter or you just have it wired up wrong. Try wiring up your lights normally without the converter and turn signals and see if they work properly as just tail/brake lights.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 PM

i hook orange to right turn and light blue to left turn on one side of the converter box and from the other side of the converter i hook the right turn and left turn to each bulb. any ideas?

and i guess this is all too confusing..i did order the tail light harness off of ebay..should be here by the 4th of this month only problem is my lights have no attachments for it..
the picture of my lights was when they were working..

Attached Thumbnails brake wires and colors-20120129_113546.jpg   brake wires and colors-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: brake wires and colors