F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

both headlights on for both low and high beam modes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 07:30 PM
Default both headlights on for both low and high beam modes?

OK, only one headlight comes on for low beams and then two for high beams. I admit it really bugs me the way that looks [sm=boohoo.gif] Anyway to have two lights for low and two for high like you have in autos? One "mechanic" said something about swapping out H4 bulbs for H7, with some custom fitting, ie- modifying the casing inside the headlamp. Of course, he wasn't interested in doing the work cus too much pain in ****. Fair enough. Any ideas how this can be done and specifically what parts? Or should I, eh, throw in the towel and get a scooter with a single headlight that I can't fuss about?[sm=laughat.gif] Thanks.

Old 01-13-2009 | 07:48 PM
Default RE: both headlights on for both low and high beam modes?

Why not just ride with your brights on all the time so they are both on? I just aimed my bright down a little so I could do this day or night.

Old 01-13-2009 | 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: JeremyGSU

Why not just ride with your brights on all the time so they are both on? I just aimed my bright down a little so I could do this day or night.
Me too, but I didnt bother the aim. I was tired of people telling me that I had a blown light when I ride with low beams.

Old 01-13-2009 | 07:55 PM

http://cbrworld.net/forums/1/35094/ShowThread.aspx

Old 01-14-2009 | 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: iRIDE
Me too, but I didnt bother the aim. I was tired of people telling me that I had a blown light when I ride with low beams.

Haha. I've had that happen a few times. One time when I came out of the gym I found a note on my bike saying, "I followed you in and noticed one of your headlights was out." lol

Old 01-20-2009 | 03:05 PM

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, just riding with both lights in the ON position (high beam mode). Thanks for feedback.

Old 01-20-2009 | 09:26 PM

Ya I got my highbeam light pointed down a bit more. I think it is good to put it on at night for more visibility. But do any of you guys feel like your being a dick for riding with the highbeam on? haha
________
Live sex

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-20-2009 | 10:45 PM

Ride with them both on with HID's and get people flash their brights at you during the day time, now thats funny. I have them on all the time, screw em if they can see me during the daytime. Imagine how bright they are at night.

Old 01-21-2009 | 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: F4iMane

Ya I got my highbeam light pointed down a bit more. I think it is good to put it on at night for more visibility. But do any of you guys feel like your being a dick for riding with the highbeam on? haha
I have HIDs in both sides, and ride with both on all the time, and no, I haven't aimed my high beam down. I'd rather feel like a dick for high beaming them than feeling my head go through their side window because they didn't see me when the pulled out.

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:13 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Exactly what luck said lol

Quick Reply: both headlights on for both low and high beam modes?