F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 11:39 PM
Default helmet

has anyone tried one of these? http://www.jcmotors.com/pm-14456-252...le-helmet.aspx

Old 04-06-2009 | 12:34 AM

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...id-Helmet.aspx

they've been featuring these helmets for awhile. they also have a video so you can get some more info.

Old 04-06-2009 | 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by stahop
Scalla rider2 - great bike to bike communication as well as bluetooth phone connection.
I just recently purchased the scala rider q2, and its a great headset. Seems like theyve fixed a couple complains from this model to the one thats being released in the first week of june, the G4. The G4 has bluetooth stereo, up to 1mile range, and you can connect up to 4 buddies + you and do conference calls.

The q2 can only connect 2 buddies + you and only does individual connections to other riders.

The G4 seems like a nice upgrade, but it hasnt been released yet and there are no review on it. Price is a decent chunk more than the q2 as well. Guess it depends on what you want. If the G4 is just as good with the added feature it will be something to consider.

Old 03-09-2010 | 02:50 PM
Default interphone or cardo

I've been looking for a decent solution as well.
I plan on using my bike a lot more for commutes which range from 1-4 hours depending on the snap of my wrist.
I've found that web bike has some pretty good reviews of both the interphone f4 and the Cardo scala.
problem I think I'll have is the fact that my airframe helmet sits pretty close to my mouth. I don’t really feel like chewing on the mic

anyone tried either of these?

Old 03-09-2010 | 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by LoneWolf04
I just recently purchased the scala rider q2, and its a great headset. Seems like theyve fixed a couple complains from this model to the one thats being released in the first week of june, the G4. The G4 has bluetooth stereo, up to 1mile range, and you can connect up to 4 buddies + you and do conference calls.

The q2 can only connect 2 buddies + you and only does individual connections to other riders.

The G4 seems like a nice upgrade, but it hasnt been released yet and there are no review on it. Price is a decent chunk more than the q2 as well. Guess it depends on what you want. If the G4 is just as good with the added feature it will be something to consider.
This site should have a disclaimer at the top saying "May cause financial strain". Everytime I come on here I find myself ordering new goodies to go with the bike. Day before yesterday I ordered a set of the cardo scala bluetooth helmet setups. Its the teamset so I can put one on the girls helmet too. I do a lot of long distance driving so being able to listen to music or talk on the phone while driving without having to always run wires through my jacket will be nice. Headphones are great but I find that my ears hurt from having them in for any extended period of time. Ill be putting up a review once I get them. I have a good long weekends worth of mods to install on the bike. Good thing she is coming out this weekend. WOOOOHOOOOO.

Old 03-10-2010 | 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tanknuts
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...id-Helmet.aspx

they've been featuring these helmets for awhile. they also have a video so you can get some more info.
I heard these were rather heavy and uncomfortable for extended rides, but I'm still tempted to try it out as well...

Old 03-10-2010 | 05:35 PM

has anyone heard of the newer blinc helmets bluetooth built in and there price isnt to high....

Old 03-10-2010 | 06:28 PM

i curently own a bluetooth helmet, they do not weigh any more the a regular helmet, with a tiny speaker (mono) and a cellphone battery. they work amazing, connects to your phone or to another helmet, there is a node on the outside of the helmet, very clean looking and allows you to adjust the volume by a turn of the switch, it has auto answer feature and if your device streams music over blutooth you can listen to music aswell. highly recommend

oh ya, i bought mine from royal disributing (canada) reg price 299$ onsale for 99$ and comes with 2 lens, and a charging cord

Old 03-10-2010 | 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by fairman86
i curently own a bluetooth helmet, they do not weigh any more the a regular helmet, with a tiny speaker (mono) and a cellphone battery. they work amazing, connects to your phone or to another helmet, there is a node on the outside of the helmet, very clean looking and allows you to adjust the volume by a turn of the switch, it has auto answer feature and if your device streams music over blutooth you can listen to music aswell. highly recommend

oh ya, i bought mine from royal disributing (canada) reg price 299$ onsale for 99$ and comes with 2 lens, and a charging cord
I know which one you are talking about. Almost picked one up from royal but the bluetooth unit did not seam like it had good quality. Where are you? Im in Ontario. Barrie area.

Old 03-10-2010 | 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by fairman86

What's the brand of yours? Is it the Element helmet? You might just have convinced me to grab one because mine is gay (turned out to be black with SPARKLY red tribal, not just red...screw buying online! lol)

Quick Reply: Bluetooth