F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike is all jacked up

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike is all jacked up

My bike is starting to be really jumpy when I'm riding her. As I accelerate her RPMs will bounce anywhere from 500 to 2000 RPMs which makes for a very uncomfortable and scary ride. It sounds as if she isnt getting enough fuel, or maybe to much fuel. Today while I was riding the engine shut off. I tried toggling the kill switch to see if I could hear the injectors priming but the traffic was too loud. Finally got her started and the same crap kept happening. Could it be that my injectors are clogged? Are there any cleaners for the injectors? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Default RE: Bike is all jacked up

i think the problem is you have no *****. Either that or your bike hates you and is killing itself. deal with it

Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 AM

throw it off a cliff

Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 AM

yeah there are several at your local auto store. i would go to a bike shop though and ask for a cleaner from there. maybe might try draining your tank and replacing the fuel filter. unfortunatelly it could be several things ie. clogged pick up or lines. but i'd try the usual maintenance things kinda like i said already. good luck.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM

Im pretty sure in the manual it says not to use FI cleaners. Take it to your Honda store. Get them to do a check.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:37 AM

Check the battery terminals too. They cause the same symptoms.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 AM

i'm not a tech or anything. i've just used some before and it works. but if the manual says not to then obviously don't. sorry shame on me. but i'd still try to do a few maint. type things that you can perform at home. may save you some money. but if you have any doubt take it to a dealer as earlier stated.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:26 AM

RRbound im not trying to bash you or anything, i was just saying what memory recalled from the manual. But if we all read the manual then we wouldnt need threads would we, everyone has something they tried and thats why we share our info

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 AM

Hmmmmm.....in order for us to help you can you give us a few details about your bike. What year is it? If its like a 92 and hasn't been run in awhile that could be an issue. When was the last time the oil was changed? Has the spark plugs ever been changed? How long has it been since you have had your bike on the road? A month a week, a year? When you say rpms jump, is that at an idle also? When you accelerate, does the bike hesitate? Fill in the blanks and we can anaylze the problem better.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 AM

The bike a 2001 f4i with 6800 miles... I am the 3rd owner so I am not sure if the spark plugs have been changed... I ride her close to 100 miles a week so she hasnt been sitting for awhile... the oil was changed roughly 1500 miles ago with fully synthetic oil... I have power commander on it... She hasa D&D exhaust with K&Nair filter. She has always had a bit of a lag when Ipunch her from a stand still but I hear that is normal with the D&D exhaust. Whenshe idles itisjust over 1000 rpmsand doesntnot jump at idle but when I accelerate the rpms really start to jump and it doenst matter if i get on herhard or take it easy because she is so jumpy thatI really can not accelerate quickly b/cit is like the bike is about to die. Thanks for all of the replies so far.

Quick Reply: Bike is all jacked up