CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Big Problem (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/big-problem-110405/)

JWoods_F4i 05-10-2010 07:01 PM

Big Problem

Ok it all started when i took my bike out thursday, when i would grab the clutch when come coming to a red light the rpms got real low and would cut off if i didnt twist on the throttle. At 1 red light it cut off before i could give it any gas and it would not start. It acted like it wanted to turnover but wouldnt. Its not the battery i had just put a new 1 in it not even 2 weeks before. Now when I try to crank it, it acts like it wants to but it wont turn over then will come a knock sound and after this happens and I try to cranck it again it makes a whinnin sound. does any 1 have any ideas???

jonld 05-10-2010 08:39 PM

check the battery with a voltage meter first. Saying its not the battery because you installed a new one prior too doesnt mean your electrical system is working properly and the battery didnt drain. also when you turn the key on does the fuel pump prime?

JWoods_F4i 05-10-2010 09:02 PM

yes the fuel pump primes. and i took tha battery out the bike and charged it and it still didnt turn over the day after it cut off. I kno i need to take the bike to a shop and have it looked at in detail

redzintimidator 05-10-2010 10:54 PM

check your starter relay and the relay fuse..it is NOT IN THE FUSE BOX! its kind of hidden on the side of the relay, located next to your battery right in front of the fuse box.

Does it click at all when you press the start button?

F4ith 05-10-2010 11:56 PM

It may be a hose is pinched. I had a similar problem with my F2 and I brought it to a dealership and if I remember correctly, they told me a vent hose was clogged or something along that line. Then again, it wasn't fuel injected...

MADMAXF4I 05-11-2010 01:15 PM

when your tried to turn it over duz your lights dim?

JWoods_F4i 05-11-2010 09:39 PM

na they dont dim. they are the regular brightness

JWoods_F4i 05-16-2010 06:20 PM

Ok so i did some work on my bike and got it to start. I played with the starter relay as some1 suggested. The fuse was not blown however the 2 terminal wires that lead to the relay dont seem to make full contact with the bike. I have to push down on the wires for the bike to start properly.

Even though i fixed this problem the bike still will cut off on me if I do not continue to give it throttle. So if I let go of the throttle the RPMS drop and the bike just cuts off. I have no idea why this happens or how it started, and was wondering if anybody had any theroies about this situation?

PS after I got done tryin to keep it cranked by playing with the idleing screw my exausht was literally smoking when i turned the bike off for the last time. I was just wondering if this was normal for yoshi pipes?