F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bettery tender

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bettery tender

When I store my bike this winter i keep hearing to use a battery tender. Is this something i can use whille battery is still attached to the bike when it is in storage, or does the battery haave to come out. also what kind is prefered for our bikes. My bike is being stored in my garage behind my truck and it will be near a wall outlet.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned
Default RE: bettery tender

I use something similar on my Corvette ( I keep in on-board hard wired in) and for years it has been great, just un-plug and go. If I drive it a few days in a row I don't bother with it, but if it sits for a while, I make sure its plugged in. I think they put out less juice than the Bikes charging system, so I would guess it would be fine to keep the battery connected to the bike and use the QD that should come with it.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It comes with a harness that can be permanetly attached to the bike. It is OK to use during the winter and a properly functioning unit poses little risk.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 PM

any recommended models for a 600cc

Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 AM

I use the small one on my bike. You can leave it plugged in pretty much all the time. It will extend your battery life due to the battery not losing its charge over the extended time of non-use.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Glocker23

any recommended models for a 600cc
Battery Tender Plus is the one I would recommend.

Here's a link for more info: Battery Tender Plus

Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Here is information on both the Battery Tender Plus and the Battery Tender Junior

Battery Tender Plus
12V @ 1.25A $59.95

Click to enlarge

The Battery Tender Plus is a 1.25 amp battery charger designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by trickle chargers. Included is a quick connect harness for hard to reach areas.

Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.
Automatically switches from full charge to float charging mode.
Battery Tender at 1.25 amps will charge as fast or faster than any 3 amp charger available.
Reverse Polarity Protection to ensure user safety. Red & Green Lights Alternately Flash in this condition.
Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode).
10 year Warranty!

Battery Tender Jr.
The Battery Tender Junior is much more than a trickle charger. It has a brain. It's lightweight, compact, and fully automatic; very easy to use, especially in small spaces. It will keep your battery fully charged so that it is ready to go when you are!

Choose between 12 volt and 6 volt models, both with 750 mA output.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM

i just bought the battery tender junior from a local batteries plus store. we'll see how it does this winter

Old 10-29-2006, 06:29 PM

Money for something like this is no problem. I need to know which is better and which my bike would use. 12 amp or 6? full size or jr??? As u see, I am not to knowledgeable with electricity.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:52 PM

I would PROBABLY go with the Plus model due to the versitility of it. The advantage of the junior is its size.

Quick Reply: bettery tender