F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best Turn Signals? LED VS HALOGEN

Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Turn Signals? LED VS HALOGEN

pros can cons of led vs halogen turn signals?

Which are less demanding from the bikes battery to start?

general comments? own experiences?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2014, 12:19 AM

also name a few name brands that you would recommend?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer good old fashion halogens for the most part. Most LED turn signals you see on ebay are crap. Not to mention they mess up your flash rate if you don't correct it with the proper relay. Also, I am really against those integrated taillight/turn signal combos. The ones I have seen in person make it very difficult to tell the rider is turning. I'm sure there are more expensive brands that do a better job than the ebay ones, but I don't know names.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM

if you go led then you need a led relay, same story with expensive ones otherwise it will flash quick;
led ones don't tend to be very visible on day light but so do halogen ones with clear lens on, only advantage with led is they tend to be longer lasting and survive more crashes
my advise is to go for the shapes you like and don't rely on them, do your life-saver before you turn

Old 01-30-2014, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by icedmind
if you go led then you need a led relay, same story with expensive ones otherwise it will flash quick;
led ones don't tend to be very visible on day light but so do halogen ones with clear lens on, only advantage with led is they tend to be longer lasting and survive more crashes
my advise is to go for the shapes you like and don't rely on them, do your life-saver before you turn
Since I bought the bike 6 months ago, I haven't had the front signals. The previous owner took them off. I've have been off and on thinking about the same topic - which ones to get? I prefer a sharp light, and don't mind the change in blinking rate - in fact, I like the fast blinking rate. It cuts through the traffic better (more attention getter than the average blinkers). Only question, which ones have sharp (bright) light. I bought a set from The2wheels.com But one of the blinker bulb was broken, they don't respond to my emails now.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is essential to point out here that the fast blink is just one of a few different behaviors that can take place when the correct LED flasher relay is not installed.

1. LED turns flash rapidly. From my experience and from what I read this is the most common issue. Especially only using one pair of LED's. Say your fronts are LED and rears are halogen or stock. (Incandescent)

2. The LED barely lights up, maybe only half of the lights will actually turn on, and they may possibly be dimmer. This is due to the relays not distributing enough power to the LED's.

3. They do not blink at all or turn on at all. There is another one with all the 4 corners but they are rare so I read.

LED's are superior in consumption and comparable output. Meaning, a 10 watt LED vs. a 10 watt halogen, the LED is going to be far brighter. This also includes incandecent. Here is the issue however. In order to achieve the same wattage you need to add more LED's because they do not make the high wattage LED>

I dont have time to finish the topic, but I found this site for you to peruse.

LED Lighting

Cheers

-Poss

Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered Users
Default proton lights

I have these proton lights on my bike and everyone asks where I get them from they are really bright and you can set them up to blink like a strobe light which is awesome. heres the link where I got them and do a lot of my shopping at...

High Tech Speed Proton Flushmount Turn Signal for Honda CBR600F4i CBR600RR : Lighting & Electrical

Old 02-02-2014, 11:47 PM

I have "arrows" from Cycle Gear. The LEDs are very bright and blink at a normal rate, no mods. Quality is good and install was easy.

I bought the large size ones for better visibilty

SPEEDMETAL - LED Arrows Short - Signals - Electrical - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

but they have a micro version too

SPEEDMETAL - Micro Arrow Short Stalk Turn Signals - Signals - Electrical - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Old 02-03-2014, 12:53 AM

Both my f4 and f4i had led turn signals when i bought em, always thought motorcycle blinkers just flashed a lot faster than car ones haha. The more you know I guess

Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they only flash quicker because of decreased electrical load.. get an LED flasher in there.. they will flash like original.. most people dont swap the flasher unit and they get the quick flash.

Its not a big deal.. easy and cheap fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Turn Signals? LED VS HALOGEN