F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best HID kit to buy for a F4i???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best HID kit to buy for a F4i???

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions were on HID kits for cbr's and so on. I know there are tons of threads already started but, I had no luck doing the searching I could on them.

Three or a few kits from ebay have somewhat caught my eye earlier. I've had good luck with car kits from ebay but, I've had zero experience with anything other than that (and doesn't help that I'm new to the bike scene lol).

So I figured I could post these three links of the two hid kits that caught my eye and see what you guys think. Or any helpful suggestions/tips on what way to go when buying hids.

First Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-He...spagenameZWDVW

Second Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWD1V

Third Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hid-X...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Best HID kit to buy for a F4i???

I bought these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLIM-...spagenameZWDVW

and they've been working for about a year even after a crash.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM

I bought the regular ballast 5000k H7 kit, mainly after reading the write up by Blue Fox. I've had them for about three months and have absolutley no complaints. Plus they are only about $80 shipped, and relatively easy to install.This is that store's selection of H7 bulb kits: http://stores.ebay.com/HID-Outdoor-E...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks, I just read up on Blue Fox's thread also and it helped me make up my mind so I went ahead and bought the kit from outdoor equipments.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 PM

im gonna get the same ones blue fox got too, probably 10,000k. where do you f4i guys mount that ballasts?

Old 06-25-2008, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Funedude05

I bought the regular ballast 5000k H7 kit, mainly after reading the write up by Blue Fox. I've had them for about three months and have absolutley no complaints. Plus they are only about $80 shipped, and relatively easy to install.This is that store's selection of H7 bulb kits: http://stores.ebay.com/HID-Outdoor-E...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Yeah this is actually the page i was looking for, and the price on Funedude's link is what i bought it at, i'm not sure why that same seller has a "slim hid ballast" for 30 bucks cheaper.

I mounted mine between the headlights and it fits almost PERFECTLY, i'll take a picture later if i have time but you need to take off the upper fairing to make it 10000000 times easier and will even take less time.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM

I went with 10k hids from the ebay guy. I got the automotive kit and hopefully it gets here soon so I can install it!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:58 AM

I was planning on mounting mine in between the headlights or under the headlight housing... but when i got it all taken apart, i couldn't fit mine in there. So i ended up just laying the thick ballasts in between the rubber ram air tube and the plastic cover. I'm sure the slim ballasts might be easier to install, but the big one's went in just fine for me.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 AM
SjT

I've been reading the forum for a few days so i figured my first post should be informative...

If you are not already aware of this, the color temp output of HID lights has an inverse relationship with its brightness or luminosity output. The majority of OEM HID lights are at 4300k which is a white light. This temp has the brightest output and the best visibility. As you go higher in temp the brightness and visibility will go down. Anything above 6000k will have a dramatic decrease in visibility.

You're discussing a 10000k setup which may look very cool with its purple color but, it will not give you enough light to see properly at night.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: SjT

I've been reading the forum for a few days so i figured my first post should be informative...

If you are not already aware of this, the color temp output of HID lights has an inverse relationship with its brightness or luminosity output. The majority of OEM HID lights are at 4300k which is a white light. This temp has the brightest output and the best visibility. As you go higher in temp the brightness and visibility will go down. Anything above 6000k will have a dramatic decrease in visibility.

You're discussing a 10000k setup which may look very cool with its purple color but, it will not give you enough light to see properly at night.

+1

If you don't get the correct kits too, you're gonna cause a TON of glare for other drivers on the road. Most eBay kits do this... our stock headlights were not designed for HID...