F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Benefits of Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Benefits of Power Commander

Good Point,, I didn't even see that,, I'm in Dallas and when I sit in traffic my bike heats up alot quicker then mmost F4i's wonder if it could possible help that,, at least cool it off faster when I am moving,, but I would still like to know how much of a difference there is between high,medium, low fuel input!!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM

i have an '01 929rr and i will be adding a power commander IIIusb tomorrow i also have a k&n and a D&D bolt on i'm hoping to see some gains in HP but i live in the texas hill country and improved drivability will very nice also

Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM

The power commander i put on to my bike didnt really give any great power but it did take away the huge flat spot i had after putting on my Jardine RT-1 and K&N. Trying to pull off of lights it bogged down a bit but with the pc3 that all went away and it runs just fine.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Big Gaz, or anyone with experience witht he O2 sensors.

According to Dynojet, if your bike has the O2 sensor you need to buy their sensor eliminator for approx 20 bucks. I've read a few posts that say they just kept the stock O2 sensor, trying to figure out which I'm going to need to go. Dynojet gives no reason, just says you need to replace it with the eliminator.

I just received my Jardine RT-1 and hope I don't have a flat spot such as Big Gaz had that makes me buy the PCIII before I'm ready.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 AM

So I guess no one can tell me how much difference the feel between low, mid, high?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: orags
The maindifference i see in the two maps is due to temperature (of the environment or what???). [ul][*]Blue runfile: at 87.82 F[*]Red runfile: at66.03oF[/ul]That's almost 22 deg F difference. Does this mean that you can squeeze outmore power at higher weather temperature / pressure?
I would say it's probably an environmental setting. Most likely one was done at day the other at night.
I say that this PC3 dyno is ambiguous. They did not specify whether they had a fan providing air movement toward the bike and at which test!!!! Also, note that the fuel to air ratio is higher for the blue line so naturally you will have more power and torque output. In my opinion all the PC3 did was force more fuel in to the chamber..

Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 AM

If you go with a sprocket conversion like i did -1,+2 and go with a powercommander get it dyno tuned FO SHO!!! , A guy at a shop said not to go the dynojet tunners! Said something about a Eddie Griffin dyno tunner ( might have the wrong name) and they tune better. One thang i noticed with having the pwr comm with gearing is that lack of pull in low rpms vs when i didnt have the pwr comm. So ima get mine tuned by this guy for like 150 and hes giving me 3 different maps!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 AM

I've put about 100 miles on my new PC USB III some things I've noticed....

- Not much of a power increase (if any).

- Absolutley LINEAR throttle response. Acceleration is smooth all the way through throttle range.

Bike is a 2002 F4i with a Yosh RS-3, K&N, PC USB III .

B.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference was from a custom map done by someone that REALLY knows what they're doing. The difference is amazing.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 AM

OK, So Ibought my Power Commander last night on ebay! At this point, from reading this, I'm not to sure why! However,I'm one of those guys, who I guess, have to do it themselves,, you know,, So since no one can tell me the difference between Low, Med, and High,, I'll be sure to let ya'llknow.. Only thing is How?? I was thinking ofletting the bike heat up to around 178 or so,,, driving it around using all 3 seetings,, when doing this, I'll be sure to look at the tempon the bike and let ya'll know,, But,,, how would you recomend I test the power,, I mean, should I set the tack around 6 or 7k and then nail her, or should I start from the start? I guess I could do both,,,, Give me suggestion please!!! on how to test it,,,,, TY

Quick Reply: Benefits of Power Commander