F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bar risers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bar risers

Hi all,

I have seen various threads and comments on bar risers, but my query is specifically has anyone tried something like
Amazon Amazon
It looks to me like they cut down the contact point between the bars and the forks by a factor of two. Is that safe? I'd rather find that I have a detached clipon waving around in the breeze as I'm riding along!

Old 08-17-2022, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Heck, I can't even tell how those work.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Heck, I can't even tell how those work.
There’s a YouTube video somewhere. Basically, the large tube acts as an extension to the forks and the small one makes it neat. My feeling is that the clipons only have half the anchor point, and is it safe enough? I really like the bike, but I’m getting a bit old for low (ish) bars. The alternative is a Hornet or maybe a CB1300…

Old 08-17-2022, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I understand how they're supposed to work in principal, but there is no slot, so there is know way for it to provide clamping force. There are also no threads for it to screw onto anything. I think this is just a rendering but not actual images of the product. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I understand how they're supposed to work in principal, but there is no slot, so there is know way for it to provide clamping force. There are also no threads for it to screw onto anything.
That was my thought, too: they don't look very secure. I wondered if anyone had actually tried them and could confirm whether they worked, before shelling out any cash.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Those look sketchy, I think a quality set of aftermarket clip-ons + risers would be safer. Or convert to a dirtbike-style handlebar.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by MomosF4I
Those look sketchy, I think a quality set of aftermarket clip-ons + risers would be safer. Or convert to a dirtbike-style handlebar.
That’s kind of my thoughts, too. A one piece would be my preferred choice, but I’m not sure about fairing clearance as I prefer my fingers attached to my hand. I might go down the Hornet route as that’ll be kinder on my aged back than the CBR.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:32 AM
Welcome crew
Received 318 Likes on 296 Posts

My two pennies worth, I have used these in the past and they do work.
They are literally a spacer that you fit underneath the clip-ons which raises them by about 22mm (about the maximum height in order to keep the cables the same and not interfere with the fairing etc), the only thing that is really affected is that the cir-clip at the top of the forks cant be fitted and yes you will loose a bit of the clamping pressure, the centre bit with the nut on it shown drops into the top of the clip-on to fill the hole and provide a surface to even out the clamping pressure.

The following users liked this post:
graeme (08-19-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Al1040
My two pennies worth, I have used these in the past and they do work.
Thank-that’s exactly the information I was looking for. I’ll give them a go; cheaper than buying a new bike (although according to my cousin, the optimum number of motorcycles is one more than the number you currently own, so I might just keep the CBR and buy a Hornet anyway….)

Old 08-19-2022, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Well make sure you post up some photos of them after they're installed. I'm still not following it, but I'm slow.

Quick Reply: Bar risers