F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bad day...Need advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO today was a huge success! Thanks to everyone who listened to my moaning and helped me out! I couldn't have done it without all you mayng's!

So last night the bootleg CF slip on was installed and after riding today I can say that the can rivets stay exactly at 2mm away from the swingarm at all times!

The sound note: Im not kidding when I say that when I started her up for the first time today with the new slip on, I was immediately happy. This exhaust is by far my definition of perfect. At idle and even when you get on it the deep rumble it makes is like no other I have heard before. And Im not being bias because I honestly would admit if it was raspy of ying yang ricey, or even too loud as all of these things sound terrible to me. It is a nice loud low deep runble and at normal speeds it lets everyone around you know it means business. Thumbs up to Jim at Fuel1Racing. RIP the bootlegs but Im sure if you wanted one you could find one on ebay/craigslist if your patient. I couldnt be more satisfied with this pipe.

I also ended up getting a good grip on the oil pan bolt with a craftsman "bolt out" socket kit for $15.99. Truly good tools to have. Changed the oil and Ive got a K&N oil filter on der.

I had the front plastics off so I took the airbox resonators off and plugged em up.

I bleed the front calipers and my brakes feel is soo much stiffer and responsive now. Check out the pic of the puke shi^ that was rotting in there I used a 3/16ths tube and bleed them manually with my girlfriend

Successfully installed the smoke tinted hotbodies flush mounts and used the diode method to have them for running lights. NO NEED for a relay as surprisingly the stock blink rate is GREAT. I honestly cant notice the difference in speed from the stock ones. I was surprised.

I will bleed the back brake tomorrow as the reservoir looked like the front

I did all this under my carport in 88 degree weather in Scottdale Arizona....I had a lot of water with me ; )

Since Ive had the bike I have:

--replaced both rims and tires
--Changed oil
--Bleed/change brake fluid
--airbox resonator delete
--bootleg slipon
--hotbodies flush mounts

Overall, I couldnt have done it without everyone on this board as well as all the great writeups! Thanks everyone!

Name:  DSCN0372.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  107.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0380.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  134.9 KB
Name:  DSCN0375.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  90.8 KB
Name:  DSCN0379.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  154.8 KB
Name:  DSCN0377.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  134.5 KB

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 05-24-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:11 PM

I could be wrong, but it looks like your flushmounts are flipped the wrong direction. The way I've always seen them is the pointy end aimed towards the back and the slightly rounded end facing forward.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by joelacer
I could be wrong, but it looks like your flushmounts are flipped the wrong direction. The way I've always seen them is the pointy end aimed towards the back and the slightly rounded end facing forward.
Ha...you know I totally thought the same thing when I was installing them..I actually flipped em and still it didnt look right..they may very well be backwards!! Doesnt look terrible but def. weird Problem with swichin em around now is that everything (diode/wiring) is taped and shrink wrapped. dooh

Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Glad everything worked out for you. I've been reading all your thread since you were looking at the bike. It turned out great. If you don't mind me asking what was your total investment?

Oh get a sound clips up of the exhaust.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you, 600.
Bike looks great.
As far as metric tools... you're gonna need them. Everything on a Honda is metric.
Also pick up a metric set of allen wrenches. I like the ones that fold out like a pocket knife.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Also pick up a metric set of allen wrenches. I like the ones that fold out like a pocket knife.
Or if you're willing to spend a little extra, you can get them in socket form.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
I bleed the front calipers and my brakes feel is soo much stiffer and responsive now. Check out the pic of the puke shi^ that was rotting in there I used a 3/16ths tube and bleed them manually with my girlfriend

That gunk was toast. Mine looked like someone took a wizz in my brake reservoir. But this crap looks like the PO used tranny fluid in there. Guaranteed the brakes had never been flushed. The good thing is now that they're done, you'll get used to how your brakes should feel at all times. If / when something goes wrong with the brakes, you'll have a lot more buffer between first indication and catastrophic failure.

Good work!

Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Ha...you know I totally thought the same thing when I was installing them..I actually flipped em and still it didnt look right..they may very well be backwards!! Doesnt look terrible but def. weird Problem with swichin em around now is that everything (diode/wiring) is taped and shrink wrapped. dooh
Flush mounts are definitely backwards. Bike looks great, though!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 PM

Where did you get your pipe from, and what did it cost? It looks pretty good.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by o4ep3civ
Glad everything worked out for you. I've been reading all your thread since you were looking at the bike. It turned out great. If you don't mind me asking what was your total investment?

Oh get a sound clips up of the exhaust.
Thanks man! And thanks kilgroretrout I will def. get a good set of metric sockets/nut drivers. I will get a sound clip up as soon as possible. I would say to date I have about $700 invested (new rims, new tires, slip on, flushmounts, fresh oil etc..) oh and I got the slip on for $250 shipped I purchased the bike with 7600 miles on it for $3000.

Armydad33- The owner of fuel1racing stopped making these CF "bootleg" pipes quite a while ago. He was a member on this forum and tinkered with fabricating these amazing custom slip ons for a period of time. If you do a search you can find info on them. He made numerous different sizes and styles so each is unique! Axsys (member here), has a shorty version of the pipe and its shorter and wider in diameter than mine. He has a chrome tip while I have a black/magenta tip. You may be able to find one on ebay or craigslist if you look long enough.

I found mine on craigslist and had it shipped to me for $250. Ya, I know...ridiculous

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 05-24-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Bad day...Need advise