F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

B-in-law "stole" my bike then crashed.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-in-law "stole" my bike then crashed.....

I left my bike over at his house (he is 18 and lives with his mom) parked on the street. I borrowed his truck to pick up some wood and what not for my paintbooth I am building. When I called to say I was on my way back he told me he dropped my bike.... I thought he was joking.

He was "moving" my bike off the road so it wouldn't get damaged by the neighbohood kids supposedly. I left the keys which was a big mistake on my part, in the thoughts that if the nieghbors complained about it bieng parked infront of thier house they could move it...

BIG MISTAKE!!

For no reason he gets on MY bike and decides to take it down the street to turn around, he fudges the turn and over the bike goes on it's side.. Eye witnesses said that he was barely moving at all when it fell..

Anyways the left fairing has DEEP scratches and scuffs, the oil cover is all scratched the mirror snapped off, the turn signal broke, the clutch lever is badly scratched and the graphics are ****ered....

I took it to the dealer to have the handlebars inspected and make sure it is safe to drive, they gave me the green light but DAMN I am still way pissed, this bike is my baby!

Should I buy a new fairing for $456 + shipping or just have my stock one repaired at a body shop? I am also going to install sliders (yes it is too late but ...) ANy suggestions on good kits?

ALL IN ALL IF I WERE TO HAVE TO FIX IT ALL IT WILL COST $1300-$1400...YIKES, he has no job so fat chance of that.. He bought the new mirror.... I figure I wanted flush mounts anyways, I will just paint the oil cover, but the graphics and fairings really need to be fixed... He will be about $600-800 deep by the end of all this....

Old 07-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Default RE: B-in-law "stole" my bike then crashed.....

ORIGINAL: 05F4iGuy
Should I buy a new fairing for $456 + shipping or just have my stock one repaired at a body shop? I am also going to install sliders (yes it is too late but ...) ANy suggestions on good kits?
No, HE SHOULD be buying the new fairings. Time to get a job, son.

Get the Vortex sliders.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

the graphics are ****ered
What word is that???

I never met an 18 year old that doesn't have $500. Make him do a payment plan. You are stuck with him in your life for quite a while.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:55 PM

The work was a variation of Farked...
ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

the graphics are ****ered
What word is that???

I never met an 18 year old that doesn't have $500. Make him do a payment plan. You are stuck with him in your life for quite a while.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:59 PM

I wouldn't pay a cent. If I HAD to pay it so I could have my bike back to normal in a timely manner, he'd be making payments for however long it takes to pay me back. Or repo something of similar cost from him...... That sucks.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:19 PM

I've been that 15yr old who dropped my dad's friends bike & my dad footed the bill. He needs to pay for sure. Important lesson learnt, never ever leave ur bike with anyone for sure

Old 07-15-2006, 04:35 PM

yeah Vortex sliders for the win.

I have a set, I am just still trying to figure out if I want to pay someone to install them for me

Old 07-15-2006, 05:39 PM

www.servicehonda.com get the part #'s for the parts u need from your dealer then order online away. Only bad thing is it takes 7-10 days to get the parts. Oh an get the color code from your dealer if you dont know it already. you'll save @$$$$ loads of money!!
brand new parts. good luck, sorry to hear about it, and yea i'd make him pay for it somehow even if he was 15.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Just ordered the Sliders from here..

http://www.hardracing.com/Vortex/VortexFrameSliders.htm

Where can I get some Perfect flushmounts?

He is going to pay for the damage, little by little.. It is driveable so I can wait for him to fix the body. He feels really bad about it.. Not as bad as I feel. This bike is the first brand new thing I ever bought..

Old 07-15-2006, 06:24 PM

I recommande a cage, but sliders are cool too. They seem pretty much the same to me, except for the difference in length. Sorry if I cant help you in that department!
As for the platics, dont bother replacing them. Its a bike and most likely it will fall again (does not need to be your fault). If your pissed now; imagine how pissed you'll be if your bike falls again with the new platics on.

Quick Reply: B-in-law "stole" my bike then crashed.....