F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone used ZMax on their F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used ZMax on their F4i?

I have used that Zmax formula on my car and its great. Great product that is uncomplimented by the price that. Anyway; I want to do something about the lubrication of the bike. I used Lucal Synthetic Oil on my F4i and I can recommand it to anyone. The bike runs smoother, the clutch grabs strong, and run a bit cooler.
But, I want drastic results for engine cooling. I know that Zmax both "automotive and small" engine formulas write that the product is intented to be used on an engine and transmission. Here is the problem, nothing is written about clutch. Kinda makes sense, sinse this is a micro lubricant and the oil soaks into the metal. Which I "assume" is going to make the clutch slip like crazy.
Has anyone experimented with this product and can give me some feedback. THanks a bunch.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: Anyone used ZMax on their F4i?

I wouldn't do it. If it was right for your bike, I would expect that your owners manual would suggest it.

People on this board are getting crazy miles out of their F4is without messing around with anything but either normal or synthetic lubes, so I just don't see it as needed.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Default RE: Anyone used ZMax on their F4i?

i would stay away for the same reason you wouldnt put automotive oil in your bike with a wet transmission you could be causing a whole bunch of problems that would not be cheap to fix just my opinion though.