F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone done much performance work to there bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done much performance work to there bikes?

Anyone done alot of work to there bikes? Stuff like power commander,air filter, gears,cams,headwork,suspension mods, appearance mods? Just anything. If so please list what youve done, if you think it was worth it(any pics would be cool)? And would it be worth it to do some internal engine work(cams,head work,etc..) or just leave it stock?Thanks for any reply's.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Default RE: Anyone done much performance work to there bikes?

ORIGINAL: stephen4785

Anyone done alot of work to there bikes? Stuff like power commander,air filter, gears,cams,headwork,suspension mods, appearance mods? Just anything. If so please list what youve done, if you think it was worth it(any pics would be cool)? And would it be worth it to do some internal engine work(cams,head work,etc..) or just leave it stock?Thanks for any reply's.
Im one tooth down in the front, and lowered. You will notice a considerable difference when you go a tooth down in the front. If your dragging, you will want to lower it once you put that sprocket on. Im getting ready to put a nitrous kit, and a power commander on mine right now, so ill post up when its all said and done.

Oh yeah, sprocket and lowering is worth it if you drag, if not. I would just do sprocket, and power commander.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:54 AM

Hey everyone. New to the board. I've got an F4i motor I'm working on for a project bike. Besides the usuall gearing and intake, exhaust swaps, are there any little cheap tricks ya'll have for these engines? Also, any speculation as to the gains of a big bore? When I got the engine, it had a blown head gasket. I figure if it's worth doing, now's the time to do it while it's apart. Thanks

Old 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Scrapyard

Hey everyone. New to the board. I've got an F4i motor I'm working on for a project bike. Besides the usuall gearing and intake, exhaust swaps, are there any little cheap tricks ya'll have for these engines? Also, any speculation as to the gains of a big bore? When I got the engine, it had a blown head gasket. I figure if it's worth doing, now's the time to do it while it's apart. Thanks
I dont know if there is any "cheap" tricks you can do to these bikes. A stroker kit is going to cost you around 2 to 3k. I have NO idea on the displacement it would make on these engines. I would GUESS they would give you around a 20 hp gain, ROUGHLY!!! For that, you might as well put nitrous on it. But then with a big bore kit, you have that extra power, AND then you can put nitrous on it.

In just plan on doing maybe cams in mine before I go to a stroker motor.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:20 AM

for 2-3k I'd rather build a big block oil cooled GSXR. I saw weisco had a big bore kit for the F4i at around $400. But if you're only get'n around 20hp with a stroker, I'll just leave it stock. Not worth it for me to put that kinda money in a 600. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 AM

put a big motor in your 600.....by that i mean bad *** big cc motor with 600 badges![sm=icon_rock.gif]
You'd suprise alot of busa with that one[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$2500 -- install a turbo and crank out 220+ hp with no need to refill a stoopid bottle every 10th trip down the track.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

$2500 -- install a turbo and crank out 220+ hp with no need to refill a stoopid bottle every 10th trip down the track.

Yeah, and have 220hp worth of trouble keeping the front wheel down. Where do you think you can get a turbo kit for 2500?

Old 01-29-2005, 05:51 AM

isnt 20 hp on bike alot of power? I know car wise you can spend alot more and not get as much out of it.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:57 AM

what kind of motor can I put in it? And if I put a bigger motor what kind of power can I get out of it.(im assuming a 929 or 1000)

Quick Reply: Anyone done much performance work to there bikes?