F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anybody have the Helmetaudio.com headphones?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have the Helmetaudio.com headphones?

Hey, i tried looking for a post on this, but couldnt find one....has anyone purchased those helmet speakers that are listed in a link on the home page or top of the site? I was wondering if they are comfortable, and if they have quality sound coming out of them. thanks in advance...

Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Default RE: Anybody have the Helmetaudio.com headphones?

I have and i wouldnt suggest them. they seem cool not having headphones in and being able take the helmet off and the speakers just stay there. but its not.

first. the speakers move around all over the place. when you put your helmet on your ears sometimes move the speaker just enough to lessen the sound.

second. i have had mine for about 2 weeks and the right speaker just stoped working.

third. they arent that good soudning.

I ride listening to music all the time. here is my advise. go to best buy and get these. Click

sony makes a kick *** headphone for like 12 bucks. cant go wrong. it might be illiegal but whats a little fine.

peace

Old 05-08-2006, 01:15 AM

Well, everyone has their own opinion. My uncle and me both have a pair from a different sight(sorry no link) they were $30 a pair, but we both love them. very comfortable, plenty of volume, sound quality is good, and have never moved outta place. My uncle did originally have the ones you mentions and had the same problem after about 2-3 weeks with the right side like koelzer18. We have both used ours for three months now, are daily riders, and have had no problem.. I will post the link if I can find it, but I found them just doing a search for helmet speakers originally. good luck ....scott

Old 05-08-2006, 07:36 PM

I bought the chatterbox for the purpose of listening to music while I ride. I thought having speakers mounted in the helmet was a good idea. Problem is they are crap speakers and I have to turn the volume up too loud to hear the music clearly over my helmet's wind noise. The speakers do work well for talking to other people.

To listen to music now, I just use my iPod and a set of in-ear headphones. The in-ear headphones provide a great amount of sound isolation, which means I don't have to blast my music. The obvious down side, is I now hear external sounds less (i.e. car horns, police sirens, ect...).