F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Any recomendations for motorcycle tracking devices??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any recomendations for motorcycle tracking devices??

I decided that comprehensive insurance is not the way to go since it is ridiculous for sportbikesand now im looking at maybe getting a tracking device installed instead. Any suggestions or experience with these?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Default RE: Any recomendations for motorcycle tracking devices??

lojack?

Old 05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Lo jack.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 PM

comp is expensive? most costs come from col. not comp.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 PM

what are you talking about comprehensive covers theft, vandalism, acts of nature (tree falling on it), wind, fire, flood, and hitting animals. The theft is what makes it expensive because so many bikes are reported stolen so comprehensive insurance is high. Collision is expensive only if you have an expensive bike because collision is insuring what it costs to fix your bike. Liability is what everyone must have by law and it covers other peoples vehicles.

Right now all i have is liability which means if i get in an accident that is my fault or my bike gets stolen or vandalized then i am sh*t out of luck. Im debating getting comprehensive to give me piece of mind for theft but the lowest premium i have found for 1 year is Allstate and they quoted liability/comprehensive at $650

Old 05-13-2008, 11:19 PM

lo jack and a proximity alarm

Old 05-14-2008, 12:47 PM

What's the point of a Lojack. When you're bike getsstolen, the first place it's going is to a chop shop. It'll either be tossed in a pick-up or ridden (and dropped a few times on the way). Either way, you don't want it back. Just let the insurance company buy you a new one.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:52 PM

What people are getting at in the post is that it's cheaper to buy the lo jack than it is to buy the insurance. Or atleast that appears to be the conclusion.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote"Right now all i have is liability which means if i get in an accident that is my fault or my bike gets stolen or vandalized then i am sh*t out of luck. Im debating getting comprehensive to give me piece of mind for theft but the lowest premium i have found for 1 year is Allstate and they quoted liability/comprehensive at $650"

This is what i have now as well, getting the "theft" part is where the $ rises.I'm in the same boat as you, bike gets stolen, or is wrecked im sh*t out of luck as well. Im getting a disc lock w alarm, plus i wont be leaving my bike overnight on some dark street etc. End of the day if someone wants your bike its gone! Im still thinking about getting theft protection for peace of mind?? but its like you said at least $650 more.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Just paint your bike the nastiest, ugliest color you can come up with, put a bunch of scratches all over it, and then take the seat off. Lay it down a few times, and destroy your plastic. Then nobody will want it, so you don't have to worry about it getting stolen, and if you wreck it you won't even notice the scratches.

Quick Reply: Any recomendations for motorcycle tracking devices??