F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Any F4i crew peeps have HID lights?

Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any F4i crew peeps have HID lights?

I keep hearing you'll blind everyone if you install them... so I'm just wondering if anyone has made the leap and has any experiance. I know there's a ton of RR people who have HID's in, but their headlight construction is a bit different.

So who's out there that can tell me it's OK if i get an HID low beam?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Any F4i crew peeps have HID lights?

I've got them on mine.... 6000K. I absolutely LOVE them! I always run the high beams during the day, and they are indeed blinding, but that's only during the daytime. Night I just use the low beam, cuz I don't want to blind people and make them target fixate and run right into me... no fun. I've never had a problem with people flashing me or anything with the low beams on. They're great though... you can see everything! Go out on a dark road and flip the high beams on and you can see waaaaay down the road!

A few pics

Name:  DSC02017.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  DSC01416.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  HIDpic1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  HIDpic2.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  80.4 KB

LOW BEAM

HIGH BEAM
Name:  HIDpic9.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  39.3 KB

They're not too bad to put in... a little bit of customiztion is necessary but not too bad. Hardest part is finding a place tohide the damn ballasts and ignitors [:@]

Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 AM

holy crap you rock.

do you have trouble with the high beam charing since it doesn't immediately turn on?

Old 05-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: themadpaki

holy crap you rock.

do you have trouble with the high beam charing since it doesn't immediately turn on?
What do you mean charing with the high beam? Only problems I've had with them is sometimes one or the other will randomly shut off, will come back on if I hit the start switch to make them turn off and back on. Still trying to figure out why

Old 05-13-2007, 11:23 AM

I have the McCulloch's 6000K motorcycle kit. It's really nice... most ppl say it's a lot bluer than a 6000K is supposed to be, but I'm happy.

The low beam does tend to blind people. The reflectors are designed to shine off a bit, and having HID's really make the light brighter. As the for the low beam, I just angled the headlight to aim down to the ground. The headlight's reflectors are designed to focus the light on one spot, so imagine my low beam on with my HID's aiming about 4 feet in front of me on the ground. The high beams REALLY REALLY REALLY light up the ground.

If you do get HID's, make sure you turn off the high beam when starting up. When I start up my bike with just low beam, it starts up just fine. You have to let the low beam charge up to full power before turning on the highs. Remember, although HID's draw less power than regular bulbs, they do take more power to start up. When I turn on the high beam to early, both high and low start flickering like crazy. Kinda cool, looks like strobe lights. I turn on my high beams after I get moving so the engine is spinning a least.

hope my info helps.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Hey ddaren I have the McCulloch 6000K's in my car for the low beam and a different brands 6000k's in my fogs they look exactly the same. 6000k is such a beautiful color! I also have them for my bike but still have to install them.

thirdgenlxi
thanks for putting up those pics, your bike looks sick with the HIDs on!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:45 PM

I got on my bike and love em.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 PM

thirdgenlxi, i see you running a lot of miles. how many tires sets did you go through?
your bike looks clean, did you have any booboos with it?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: TrIkKeDoUtF4I

Hey ddaren I have the McCulloch 6000K's in my car for the low beam and a different brands 6000k's in my fogs they look exactly the same. 6000k is such a beautiful color! I also have them for my bike but still have to install them.

thirdgenlxi
thanks for putting up those pics, your bike looks sick with the HIDs on!
Thanks bro!... and not a problem

Old 05-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: alekinci

thirdgenlxi, i see you running a lot of miles. how many tires sets did you go through?
your bike looks clean, did you have any booboos with it?
Thanks! Honestly I've lost track on how many rear tires I've got through. If I had to guess, probably 11 or 12 rears, and I think 4 or 5 fronts. My rear is worn now so I've gotta go get a new one, probably next weekend. There's soo much crap on the roads down here (debris central!!) that a few of them have died prematurely due to punctures, but I usually get about 10k out of a rear, and 25k or so out of a front. As for booboos, she's had a few. Worst one was when I went down on the highway back in 2005, did about $6000 damage. Other than than the subframe snapping in half and the front upper fairing stay coming out in 3 pieces, the rest was all cosmetic. Got it all fixed up, and then about 2 months ago I got rear ended by an 88 year old in a brand new Benz. Didn't do too much damage though, went down on the right side. But his insurance took care of everything, got me a new: front upper fairing, front fender, RF signal, RH bar end, front brake lever, right fairing, rear brake lever, both front brake rotors, and a new Hindle titanium pipe (I had an aluminum one on there before, but I knew the tech at the dealer fixing it, so he hooked me up). It all worked out in the end...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any F4i crew peeps have HID lights?