F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ANY CHROME F4i's OUT THERE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY CHROME F4i's OUT THERE?

Hello all. Just seeing if anyone has any chrome parts or wheels on the good ol' f4i. LETS SEE EM!!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

chrome is terrible. It's heavy and becomes cloudy very quickly. very unpractical on a sportbike.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 PM

^^ nuff said.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM

everyone has their own opinion. I like chrome and thus bought some chrome for my bike, nothing too crazy. Chrome rims, swingarm, bar ends, front and rear brake res. covers, levers. Below are some pictures before I put the levers on.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
chrome is terrible. It's heavy and becomes cloudy very quickly.
You bought some terrible chrome. The chrome on my 78 chevy truck is still beautiful and shiny after 32yrs. It is way to heavy for a sportbike though, it belongs on cruisers IMO. But like jam0837 said, to each his own!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:24 PM

hey jam....do you really notice the chrome wheels weight difference when riding? i didnt know it'd be that much of a difference

Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM

i only taken her out twice since I put them on since its too cold in NY to ride but I didnt fell any difference.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by jam0837
everyone has their own opinion. I like chrome and thus bought some chrome for my bike, nothing too crazy. Chrome rims, swingarm, bar ends, front and rear brake res. covers, levers. Below are some pictures before I put the levers on.

thats one of the best looking f4i ive seen

Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by nola504oy7
thats one of the best looking f4i ive seen
Thanks man. I appreciate it bc this chrome isnt cheap. I try to keep my bike looking as clean as possible. Most people dont like the chrome but I like it so w/e.

I have added more chrome. Chrome triple tree clamp, chrome pegs and peg brackets, and a german helmet that sits on the back seat just to match.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by jam0837
Thanks man. I appreciate it bc this chrome isnt cheap. I try to keep my bike looking as clean as possible. Most people dont like the chrome but I like it so w/e.

I have added more chrome. Chrome triple tree clamp, chrome pegs and peg brackets, and a german helmet that sits on the back seat just to match.
That's a nice looking F4i, I have an 01 in the same color scheme...the blk/silv was always a favorite. I haven't put any chrome on it yet, and might not, but I also have an 04 RR with chrome rims, mirrors, reservoir covers, levers, barends, heel guards and chain guard. That's all the chrome I am putting on mine and I always get compliments on it. I haven't over done it like you said, haven't gone crazy. To be honest, the only real chrome is the rims, the rest is just the chrome plated stuff thats shiny lol. I can appreciate all the bikes on the forum who choose to upgrade their bikes performance wise, i.e. upgrades that shave weight off the bike and all, and if I had the money I would probably do that to another bike but really I don't need it. Sooo.....until I do...me and my shiny chrome accented RR is happy. I take twisties with friends up in the mountains and really don't notice that much difference...I think I read somewhere on the forum that the weight difference is only ounces...so in that aspect I'm not worried. There are some beautiful bikes on here....chrome upgraded...performance upgraded...I don't care....I have an appreciation for all of them.

Quick Reply: ANY CHROME F4i's OUT THERE?