F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Am I too big or is it too small

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krux
LOL I was joking around guess you didn't see the joke in it. I am smaller than most people hence why bikes and cars I am typically faster too . I am way comfortable on my bike since its a perfect size for me.
I was hoping you were LOL

but if you knew how many times I have answered questions like this one n ppl thinking they will be more comfortable on a 1k thinking its bigger physically n thus using that as an excuse to move up or even worse start out on a 1k'ish bike lol.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006CBR600F
Thanks all for your feedback. I appreciate that the F4i is a more comfortable sportsbike than the latest crop of more track focused 600s and I have no intention of changing the bike for a larger one at this stage because I love the the thing. I have put on a double bubble screen which helps if I push back as far as possible on the seat but on journeys of over an hour I find myself having to shift around a lot to keep comfortable. I have found that I can sit quite happily on the rear seat and can make longer journeys more tolerable by alternating between the rider seat and the pillion seat as well as by moving my foot from heel to toe and back again. I will look at a custom seat as a next purchase.

quit riding straight up and down and start riding more curves, then u wont be shifting so much to get comfortable all the time.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you sit on the passenger seat and still comfortably reach the throttle? unless you're literally laying on your tank?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:15 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
How do you sit on the passenger seat and still comfortably reach the throttle? unless you're literally laying on your tank?
After reading this comment I had to go back to see what you were talking about lol
Could we see a picture of you sitting on the passenger seat while gripping the handle bars. You must have some lanky limbs.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I was hoping you were LOL

but if you knew how many times I have answered questions like this one n ppl thinking they will be more comfortable on a 1k thinking its bigger physically n thus using that as an excuse to move up or even worse start out on a 1k'ish bike lol.
Oh I figured. I was just trying to get a quick funny in there. Most people rip on me for how small I am. Doesn't bother me..the bike can't feel me on it.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
After reading this comment I had to go back to see what you were talking about lol
Could we see a picture of you sitting on the passenger seat while gripping the handle bars. You must have some lanky limbs.
I don't yet have a photo but will get one in the next couple of days and post it up. I only sit like that to 'mix it up' while cruising and would not attempt town riding because it throws the centre of gravity way off. It is fairly easy to reach the throttle like that though.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM

I love hearing people wanting 1000's because 600's are too "small and uncomfortable" for them!!! Any 1000cc made since 2000 has been the same size and just about the same weight as the 600cc class bike from the same manufacturer. Posture has been equally as sport-focused as well. The ergo's on my wife's 09 ZX-6R are the basically the exact same as my buddies 08 ZX-10R.

Larger windscreens, corbin/aftermarket seats, heli-bars, and throttle rockers/locks are the best way to take a sportbike and make it a little more comfortable for pounding out mile after mile of highway.

Learning proper posture and knowing to keep moving every 30 minutes or so helps too. Change your foot positioning from toes to heels every once in a while, i find doing so helps. I have a throttle rocker for highway use and it helps me let go of the bar and stretch my hands.
Try to not put all your weight on your arms. Squeeze the tank a little more with your knees and use core strength to hold your body up. Trying to do so with your arms will kill you and make you ache.
Don't death grip the bars. Try to keep a very loose grip on the bars - this will help with hand and lower arm fatigue. Keeping a loose grip is also very important on twisties as well.

I've done 1200-1500km days with ease on my old 2000 F4.. I just got my F4i on the street this year and have yet to do any touring on it but I'm sure it will perform almost equally as well as the F4 did. The only mod I had was a double bubble screen. I was tired, I ached a little after the 4th day but nothing a light painkiller like advil could not fix.

With the CBR600F, honda really had a great thing going. It was fast, comfortable and looked great doing it. I've owned an F2, F4, and 2 x F4i's now. I plan on sticking with them and not moving to newer-fancier more track oriented bikes.

Also, in that time owning these bikes I've weighed anywhere from 195lbs down to 135lbs @ 5'10". These bikes are comfortable for different body sizes, no problem. (Oh, I'm 150 now)

Old 07-26-2010, 10:18 AM

I never have a problem with wind. I find myself riding in full tuck alot, wondering if that blurr of a white car I just passed had lights on top.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by teko1020
I never have a problem with wind. I find myself riding in full tuck alot, wondering if that blurr of a white car I just passed had lights on top.
ROFLOL i know that thought

Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM

to the OP...what is your inseam?? if you are much more than 36" you are gonna have a hard time on most bikes.

i know most cruiser style bikes don't work for me...ten minutes into the ride i've had my hips cramp up

Quick Reply: Am I too big or is it too small