F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Am I too big or is it too small

Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Default Am I too big or is it too small

Hello people.

I love my CBR600F - I ride it every day to work and have done the odd track day as well as a couple of short tours. The problem I have is that I am 6'4" and the bike becomes amazingly uncomfortable after about 45 minutes. My knees stick out of the sides, my head sticks out too far, and my bottom does not sit properly on the seat. I get aches in my shoulders and cramp in my knees and a face full of windblast wherever I go. For the taller owners out there: have you experienced similar problems and, if so, have you found a way of combating the problem? Is it possible to raise the seat? I may just bring a cushion with me and Duck tape it to the seat next time I go anywhere.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:01 PM

I felt the same way when I had my Buell Blast. I'm 6 ft and 165 lbs. It was a 500cc machine, but just felt too small. I have a 2004 CBR1000RR now and it feels a lot better. I would venture to say that you need a bigger bike.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM
July 2008 ROTM

An aftermarket seat (like Corbin) will help the seat issues, regardless of your height. It will also improve your riding position a bit, which may help other issues you're having.

Aches in your shoulders is somewhat odd - I've never focused on any shoulder pain after riding, usually butt or wrists.

Do you have the stock wind screen? A sport touring-style windscreen may help the wind deflection up front.

I say upgrade your seat and put a tall windscreen on and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then you're on your way to making the bike the most comfortable it can be. If not, you should consider a different model.

Edit - I just realized you have an 06. I don't know how much the seating position changes with a banana Corbin seat. I know the shape is very different for the split seat style. Look into it some more.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 PM

the egros from a 600 to a 1000 arent that diff. Most who say they are just wanted an excuse to have the 1k over the 600.

Get a diff seat

Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Is your bike lowered? If not try swapping to a split seat tail
I'm 6'-7"...and I think my F4i is the most comfortable sport bike I've ever been on. Great for at least 2 hour rides as long as you stay above 50 MPH.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Stock vs stock the 03 600RR had like a .5" more legroom then the f4i. Research the length from rider to pegs and rider to bars if you start looking for a new bike. Mags publish that info when testing models for one place to look. New windscreen will help with wind perhaps but your awefully tall for a sportbike to cover completely without tucking.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
June 2011 ROTM

The sport touring windscreen helped a ton. Especially on the highway
Oh and thats what she said....

Last edited by KdubyaH; 07-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 PM

I am 6'4 as well and I find my F4 (banana seat as well) pretty comfy -but I do wish it was a few inches higher. I feel big on it but still only ever get sore in the butt usually.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 PM

most if not all bikes are almost the same height, length and width. so in this case size doesnt really matter... most times when people discuss size, its mainly, size of the motor, which one would suit their body frame... heavier guys go for the 900cc and up but i still prefer a 600 even tho i am 6'4 250lbs

Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 PM

I'm 6'4" as well and I find that my wrists are really the only problem I have with long distance on my 2006 F4i. I haven't put a whole lot of effort into researching it though, I just figured it came with being tall and wanting to ride a non-cruiser.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Am I too big or is it too small

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.