F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Alright Guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, no problem man. I was in your shoes one too. I literally was reading for about 2 -3 weeks and contemplating on a couple of deals when I found my bike.

As for someone else buying it before you, don't worry too much if you don't make the deal. You always want to check out a couple other bikes too before you make your purchase. Just as someone else has said, there will be other people selling bikes because of the economy and the general "want to get rid of a bike for new one" idea.

I know you probably want a bike soon, but $2100.00 is better if well spent rather than spent and then unhappy.

Keep us informed!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Also, another thing some sellers do is hype of the sale by letting you know that someone else is interested. Don't be too quick to settle because of that.

If he really ends up selling it, no problem, get back to looking for another one. Deals will come!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one you listed up there with the rashed up fairings is an easy fix and you could get the seven star design you wanted. Look here for the FAIRINGS.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Yeah Snake, he did give me some of that business about somebody else coming, and i thought about it after. hahaha. I told him if the other guy didn't take it off his hands, i had cash. I know it's a bit of a rush. Because i will be broke for like two weeks, but hey. it's a nice bike. and he says it's not damaged besides cosmetically. And there aren't any test rides, so i'm not sure how I can really ensure that it's solid. I think i'll ask him if i can take it to a mechanic first.. we'll see. I'm only jumping at that one because it's soo cheap! and yeah, if the other guy takes it.. no big. i'll save through the winter!!

and Drunkin, i think he put the seven star fairings on to replace the rashed OEM ones. i don't think those are the damaged ones. but that website is sick, maybe some Repsols need to be ordered =)

Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM

How is he expecting to sell a bike without any test rides? But if he really won't give you a test ride, you can always ask him to give you a ride. If he's scared that the buyer isn't M1 licensed, or a squid, the least he can do is give you a ride. I know, it's lame to have another dude in the back, but what other choice do you have? I wouldn't buy it if the owner wouldn't allow test rides. He's probably hiding something.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:54 PM

That's what i'm saying. Because I have my temps, he's a little weary.. I think I might have my dad come with me. He's got a full license. He's not a fan of sport bikes, but I think he'll do it for me haha.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Snake, I read both of those, even the ENTIRE long one, ahaha. Very good info. I feel alot better about going to check this thing out even without a test ride. I really do appreciate it!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM

No problem.

It was the same one that I read when I was in the market. There is never too much you can learn about what to look for when buying a used motorcycle.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 AM

I didn't read anything about this in there, but should I automatically run away if any levers are bent? or the stator cover is scratched up? Or the pegs/rearsets are bent Or are those easy fixes? Also the exhaust looks stock, but has a burnt rainbow look to it, is it running rich maybe? Suggestions please.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM

I can't answer about the exhaust, but your other questions are related to the bike going down. If you do see signs of those things, be very wary and ask more about why those things are like that.

You should be able to get clear answers from the seller.

The only way a stator cover will get seriously scratched is from going down at some speed.

Quick Reply: Alright Guys