F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

almost wrecked tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost wrecked tonight!

on my way back from my girls house a deer came out of nowhere. very close i thought i was going down for sure ihit my back brake to hard my *** end started to come out soi left off and swerved just barley missing the deer went off the side of the road into the gravel. i managed to keep the bike up somehow i hurt my ankle in the process when i hit the gravel, my back end slid out again and i slammed my foot down...very close call. i usually dont ride at night but i ended up stayin up a litte there a little late.

watch for deer everyone them bastards always come out of nowhere!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: almost wrecked tonight!

you shouldnt have to stop riding after darkjust out of fear of the critters. i've gotten used to seeing them. i leave for work on a 3 miles back road (before hitting an open highway) and i see deer each and every single morning i leave (4am). i have begun to know exactly where they "hang out" lol, for the most part. there are specific spots where they enter/exit the woods.

but like i said, no need to limit yourself to daytime riding. just make sure you keep a sharp eye out for the night time critters, do the posted (Sometimes even doing under it, is a good idea), be on your toes . i love night riding, especially when its in the 70's or so.......*takes deep breath*........good stuff!

be safe out there, chief!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM

i also love night riding i actually like it better than day time i just cant stand deer at all, my biggest fear is hitting a deer ha. but on the way to my house is a highway surrounded in woods so i see them alot but tonight was my first really close call. scared the **** out of me but it wont stop me from riding at night

Old 04-27-2008, 09:14 PM

I have hit a deer....rather a glancing blow. I saw it, it was running already and I knew there was no way I was avoiding it, I had a car behind me so I couldn't get on the brake that hard, so I just preped myself for the hit. all I did was lift my leg and let it come at me, ended up hitting my tail/seat with it's head and the rest went behind me....so I guess it was a good thing I didn't brake too much otherwise it would have been full on into the side of me.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM

fking deer..I hit one last august doing about 55 MPH. toatled my bike and i was in the ICU for awhile..gotta watch out for those things.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are deer so dumb I thought they had eyes in the side of their head so they could see all around for danger! or do they think a wailing bike with a headlamp is not as scary as a big cat...

Oh edit.. yes I've had a very close call in a car and got 2 seconds lucky on a twisty ride...
deer need to get smarter

Old 04-27-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm sure a lotta u have seen this already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnTIxUB4LWQ crazy.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:48 AM

Thank god living in south florida I dont have the constant fear of hitting a deer.......but I do have alligators. just kidding, its very very rare to see an aligator on the road. Ive been here 4 years and am yet to see one. But I do have to watch out for those insane iguanas, they come out of nowhere

Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM

haha cant be too carefull those alligators always come out of nowhere

Old 04-28-2008, 10:14 AM

aligators ha, did you see the news last week when that woman found an 8ft aligator in her kitchen. apparently he invited himself in through the back door. talk about a surprise, get up to get a snack, damn aligators, where's the cheato's.

also, sreedo8, as you just learned, try to stay off the back brake so much.

Quick Reply: almost wrecked tonight!